A Few Questions about Ball Python Breeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
JoeysHerps0105
A Few Questions about Ball Python Breeding

I have a butter female and I was wondering if I get anything special if I breed her to a spider, super pastel, mojave or an albino (i know its a recessive trait)

Also what would the ratio of offspring be if I was to breed my male Super Pastel to my female Spider?

I have
1.0 albino
1.1 mojave
1.1 spider
1.0 super pastel
0.1 butter
0.3 Het Albino
0.3 Normals

What morphs would come out if I bred my:
mojave x spider
super pastel x butter
spider x mojave
spider x butter
mojave x butter

this is gonna be my first year breeding morphs, and I couldnt find anything helpful online. Just wanna make sure that I'm not breeding any morph that shouldn't be bred together. I've also heard that you shouldn't breed spiders together.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
hhmoore
If you can't find anything helpful online, you haven't been looking very hard...

mojave x spider = mojaves, spiders, normals, mojave spiders
spider x mojave = same
super pastel x butter = pastels, pastel butters
spider x butter = spiders, butters, normals, butter spiders
mojave x butter = mojaves, butters, normals, blue eyed leucistics

You should probably learn a bit about the morphs you have, if you plan on breeding them.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
JoeysHerps0105
that's what I plan on doing, I would go to google and type in ball python morphs and I couldnt find anything that would tell me the different types of offspring you'd get by breeding them. Thanks again for your help...

Old 02-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
JHMills
Here's a good tool for breeding:

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/wizard/

Old 02-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
JoeysHerps0105
cool thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!