Gargoyle Gecko Diet - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-23-2004, 09:16 PM   #1
vermithrax
Gargoyle Gecko Diet

I just purchased 1 male and 1 female gargoyle gecko last sunday. They have been together since birth and have no problems getting along. They seem to be adjusting to their new surroundings well except for the fact and theywont eat any crickets. I also tried a wax worm and they wont eat that either. They are how ever eatting the nectar just fine.
Does anyone have any tips on getting a stubborn gecko to eat?

Old 09-24-2004, 12:48 AM   #2
nbemmer
a lot of times gargoyles won't touch insects and what not based on taste, they have a sweet tooth for fruits. Cut back on the amount of fruit and also try bigger prey items. How old are these geckos?
Nate

Old 09-24-2004, 09:51 AM   #3
Mark and Aimee
Or you could just buy T-Rex's Gargoyle Gecko diet and stop worrying about crickets altogether.

Makes sense to me.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
Monte
I 2nd the motion . . .

. . . Use the T-Rex stuff. They will eat it and it's good for them. . .

Old 09-24-2004, 03:33 PM   #5
vermithrax
Thanks for the advise guys. I have to order it online since one sells it around here. I had a hard time even finding gargoyle geckos around here and had to wait 6 months for a reptile show lol. Do you just mix it in with the nectar? Right now I am mixing their vitamins in with that and giving it to them every other day.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:57 PM   #6
Mark and Aimee
We mix the Gargoyle Gecko MRP with fruit baby foods, or yogurt baby foods.

The directions tell you to just mix it with water - but they'll eat it up a lot faster if you use the baby food instead.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:59 PM   #7
vermithrax
The geckos are both 1yr and 1 month old. The breeder said he had them eatting 1/2 inch crickets. and peach baby food.

Old 09-24-2004, 04:17 PM   #8
vermithrax
Also how often are you giving them the baby food since your not giving them crickets?

Old 09-27-2004, 11:48 AM   #9
Monte
I wonder why . . .

. . . people supplement the T-Rex diet, when it has everything they need?

I just mix it with water. It's eat or starve - and no one has starved yet.

All the new geckos I get in have to "sink or swim" with t-rex, and like I said before - they are all doing great.

Probably cruel, but they will eat it just fine.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:12 PM   #10
Eric Klees
Trex diets

I agree Monte. I have been using the T-rex on my cresteds since march '03 and have offered nothign else and 100% of my animals eat it with vigor and all babies are started on it.

I do the sink or swim thing and they all took to it withion 2 days. bang done.

my guys havent seen a cricket or extra supp in 18 months and I average 14 eggs out of my cresties, my males are never under wieght even during breeding season. Thoguh I strictly use the Gargoyle diet and no CGD

Eric

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!