I think I want a BIG snake... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #41
bigtiger
Not that 10ft is huge...probably is to you the all knowing UTTA.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #42
bigtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
Looks like it will be a retic when I'm fully ready to get a big snake. With burms and rocks soon not being allowed to transport over state lines, they are likely not an option, as I'm not in a rush to bring one into my home. Anacondas have been illegal in Jersey for a while, so they were never really an option. I love the look of amethystines, and though they can get long, they are not truly a BIG snake. So I'll be devoting my homework time to retics, since that's really the only one left for me.
Back on topic......if you want a big snake,a retic is a fine animal.I like the tiger's myself.If you can provide the cage and the food (and time)there is nothing more satisfying than having a snake come to you in a deli cup and growing in to a 15-20 foot pet.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #43
bigtiger
I think this was taken in 04'

I think this was taken a year ago.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #44
bigtiger
On a side note...doesn't she look a cuddly in that deli cup.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #45
Morelia4life
I don't know anything about retics because I don't own them, but that retic just looks overweight to me. I thought retics were a pretty slender snake because of them being a little bit arboreal? I know a 20 foot retic isn't going to necessary be "slender" but it just looks overweight... just my opinion.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #46
curtusforum.org
If I had the space for such a big species, I'd surely have at least one in my collection! Beautiful animals.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #47
reticguy76
retics are great. i feed my females every week and my males every two weeks. i like to keep my males slim and trim, and bulk my females. example, my female sunfire is about 12-13 feet and gets a 5 pound rabbit weekly. my platty male is around 8 feet and gets a pound - 2 pound rabbit every two weeks or so. i tend to feed about 3 days after defecation of the prior meal. thats about what those two average out to be

Old 01-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #48
RobNJ
The more I keep looking at snakes, the harder it is to make up my mind what I like...I like albino and hypo burms a lot, and I like tiger, platinum, and purple albino retics. It is amazing how quickly these snakes get so big.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #49
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
I don't know anything about retics because I don't own them, but that retic just looks overweight to me. I thought retics were a pretty slender snake because of them being a little bit arboreal? I know a 20 foot retic isn't going to necessary be "slender" but it just looks overweight... just my opinion.
Hard to make a serious statement about this when seeing such a small piece of the snake; but I'd be a lot more inclined to say it's just a retic with some size. Doesn't look overweight to me.
Retics are slender in comparison to the other giants. Compare a 15-16 foot retic, rock, burm, and anaconda, and you'll better appreciate the term.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #50
Micha
I've come to really love retics and their personalities. I have a super tiger male and he's very docile and a fast grower. There are also dwarf and super dwarf retics if you're concerned about size.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!