Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #11
AJ reptiles
I said it was easy...Somebody needs to smack me before I jinx myself next time...I got results back today from FedEx...Only problem with my package...Can not use FedEx boxes to ship live animal shipments...I wish they had said that to me when I was standing at the counter buying boxes from them...Anyway no big deal...They recommend using a single wall corrugated box to tightly fit around the foam cooler with a minimum 200 lbs burst strength or 32 ect rating..The second time around I sent my foam box inside a double walled corrugated box with twice the recommended strength...I also put a outer box around my test package of equal strength...I then stood on my box to test it 180 pounds... also threw it against the wall...test complete... I went to a packaging center and bought this last box...Cost me seven dollars per box...If you do not have a packaging center near you....I know uhaul and ryder truck rental places usually sell boxes...just check on bottom of box for strength or ect rating...Sorry to anybody that followed my foot steps the first go around...I never thought to ask is a FedEx box okay for shipping with FedEx...

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver