Bug Eyed Leucistic Rat Snakes - should they be culled? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #11
Jake The Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cherry
I appreciate the kudo's, but I intentionally stayed away from the "culled" question due to a major flame war/debate several years ago over culling of a kinked back hybrid. So I guess it was a little chicken of me to do so. So with that said, yes in order to preserve the viability of the animals in my opinion the bugged animals should be eventually culled from the hobby as they display a genetic defect and are in our experience less viable as captives from a breeding and birth defect standpoint.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms
I under stand it 100%
I would say it will be almost imposible to take all the bug eyed lucis from the hobby. Great post once again! Rep points for you!

Old 09-26-2021, 10:57 PM   #12
HeadsUp
What would happen if

What would happen if someone bred a blue eyed leucistic rat snake to a red eyed one?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!