Help Figuring Out Exactly What I Have? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
BrittneyM
Help Figuring Out Exactly What I Have?

This is Axel! I was told he is a Dwarf Pastel Boa. But then i was told something else and it all got jumbled together. Please let me know if you have any better ideas as to what he is! Got him, a nice tank, and a couple months of food for 100 bucks so it was definitely worth what i paid regardless!

I was told he is just over a year old and hes at about 2 1/2 feet. If anyone can ID him can you let me know if that sounds about right for a dwarf? I probably should have figured out if he was true dwarf but the guy i got him from didnt have alot of info on him unfortunately and i just couldnt pass up such a great deal.

Thanks for the help everyone! And if you would like more pictures i can snap some more!
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Morgans Boas
Well , I wouldn't call him a Pastel if it were mine - doesn't fit the Pastel description. As far as being a dwarf - it depends on his adult size . 2 1/2 ft at a yr old is larger than some of my 18 month olds . I'm thinking that it was just salesmanship for the seller. Now do him a favor -- ditch the tank, and get a reptile cage , lol.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
BrittneyM
Yeah I've since figured out hes probably just a normal columbian boa. But that doesnt matter i was just curious on him. I still love him all the same :] I'll get some pics of the tank tonight. Its not just a normal fish tank or anything. Looks to be a custom built one to me (plus i call all enclosures tanks. I should really switch to the word 'enclosure') It has very nice ventilation. (I know he needs humidity so i mist his enclosure every two days.) He has a soak bowl, and i will be getting him a basking bowl for the other end of the cage.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
Matt2979
Looks like a pretty little normal with some nice color coming in, especially since he's in shed right now. Looking forward to some new pics after he sheds.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
BrittneyM
Heres some more pictures of the little guy :] I had to go picture crazy when he got that mouse by the tail, it was too funny!
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
BrittneyM
Oh and before anyone comments on it, i know i shouldn't feed in tank but he is a very picky eater and easily stressed. Every time i have taken him out to eat in his feeding bin he either refuses to eat or takes approximately 2 hours to do so. When in tank he strikes immediately (only at food, he has never gone for my hand when i go to take him out)

Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
allreptiles1966
I feed all my boa's in their cage and never got bit from that.But its the chunky wood i would worry about him getting in his mouth while feeding in the tank.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
BrittneyM
That is why i am currently feeding him in his water dish. After feeding i thoroughly clean it and put fresh water in it. Im getting another one of those bowls so i can use it as a feeding/basking bowl and i wont need to keep refilling his water dish.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
allreptiles1966
Remember,he will get big quickly and most likely will not be eating in the dish.
Just keep an eye on him when feeding.
Good luck.He is very nice looking.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
BrittneyM
Thank you for the advice :] I sit there with him every feeding. I do for all my snakes. I make sure i have time to watch them get it down no matter how long it takes. I am trying to get him more used to eating in an enclosed space (which is why i put him in the water dish to begin with. His previous owner fed him in his tank since he was a baby and rarely handled him. So im sure that's why he prefers to eat in his tank. Im lucky hes very docile and not skidish :]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, dwarf, male, pastel