What sunglow is this? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
everettevans
Question What sunglow is this?

I purchased this beautiful baby back in May of 2014, he was born in April 2014. However I basically forgot which locale he actually is .Please guys help me identify his beautiful genes. Also I've noticed he has a blue stipe going down his back is this normal for a sunglow?
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Moved this to the discussion forums

If he wasn't sold specifically as a sharp sunglow, then it's the kahl strain (or original strain) of albino.

The bluish stripe to me looks like some translucent scales or something. Those may color up more as it ages and yellows up.

Nice looking guy!

Old 01-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
everettevans
Thank you April. So if he is a khal, when he gets older this means he will yellow out and lose his orange patterns?

Old 01-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
All boas yellow out to some degree as they age, normals, albinos, all of them, it's just what happens.

As for the orange, it may stay similar to what it is now, it may fade more, it may get darker, there's really no way to tell for sure besides a best guess or possibly seeing the parents (if they were albino/sunglow). I personally think he'll keep some nice color, esp in the tail and the saddles might fade a bit.

here's an old pic of my sharp strain albino (not a sharp sunglow though), she's super yellow and I love her like that.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #5
everettevans
Thumbs up

Thank you again april. Your boa is beautiful.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, boa constrictor, constrictor, morph, sunglow