New incident with oliver @Northwest herp - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-14-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
New incident with oliver @Northwest herp

Ok, I saw the inquiry below and I figured this would just be un-noticed if placed in there, so I figure I will tell it here instead. We purchased "4 Southern Hognoses" from oliver last week. They actually were 1 southern and 3 easterns! We knew after we paid him that they're might be 2 easternd but he assured me there were 2 southerns! Well long story short I firmly requested him to ship these animals through ups, Well when he was suppossed to ship last monday he forgot it was daylight savings and he couldn't ship. So I said that would be fine as long as he shipped tuesday ups and packed heat packs for it again got chilly. Tuesday came and the snakes were shipped to me demise they were shipped through the post service***RED FLAG SHIPPING SNAKES THROUGH USPS IS ILLEGAL*** Well they did not come as promised by usps big surprise. Instead at 10pm that night I had to drive 1hr to pick them up at a station since oliver informs me that he did not pack heat packs since it was not cold where he was and I guess he did not believe it was cold enough here. Anyways when they were picked up, 1 was half eastern was half dead, another extremely dehydrating in a horrible shed with 4 retained eye caps at least! Well I called and informed him that moment, and he did not understand how one could be so bad, After restating his guarantee with me that if I was for any reason unhappy he would refund my money, he then informed me he believed me and he would give me money back for the one snake! I also informed him that the money from usps would be refunded to him and since it was late and I had to go pick them up the money would also have to be refunded to me! Long story shot he agreed and promised to send me the refund, when I called him yesterday to see if he sent m money out as promised he said he could not talk and hung up on me. I have e-mailed him at least 7 times and he has read them but still not reponse. I have called continuously and he will not answer his phone! The smaller one died today, which I do not want a refund for it for but I want it for what was promissed. When I spoke with him last week he said he would have it to me by the end of this week so we will see! I will keep everyone updated on this maybe he will do what is right, maybe not, but I figured why wait till he doesn't to let others aware of the pending refund! If he does make it right won't this make him look just a little better? If he doesn't well won't that make him look a little worse? Not only that, I will contact kingsnake, for him placing a false add and selling the wrong animals, and also by not following through on his guarantee. Also I will contact the usps about illegally shipping snakes throught them and not only that I paid him with a postal money order, which I will contact again the usps and inform them how the MO was basically stolen and products were never shipped as promised, at least not what I paid for(anyone say mail fraud?). So I will let you all know, I will post again on friday to see if he makes good or not.
Thanks

Old 04-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #2
KNOBTAIL
if this is Oliver Moi

then I am not surprised, this man is a first class thief, liar and probably the worst thing for the Herp business. He makes a living out of shipping what he shouldnt, has utter disregard for the animals involved and never has made good on any promise that I have heard. JERRY TRESSER

Old 04-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #3
dragonfire
Where is this Oliver @ Northwest Herp located? Do you have an address? I live in Seattle, and I've never heard of him, but I'd certainly like to know who and where to avoid.

Allison Brunner

Old 04-14-2003, 04:55 PM   #4
Darin Chappell
Allison,

Here is a thread in which Oliver Moi's address is revealed.

link

Old 04-14-2003, 09:45 PM   #5
franklinedwards60
Do you have a phone number for him?

Do you have a phone number for him?

As there was someone I talked to last year by the name of Allen, who had some snakes for sale and when I told him I was local (40 mile to the south) and wanted to drop by to pick them up I never heard back from him. So I was wanting to know the phone number to see if this is the same person.

Thank you.

Old 04-15-2003, 01:36 AM   #6
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
Update

Well Just to let everyone know Oliver And I spoke tonight and he will be sending me animals of greater value free of charge to make up for what was lost. He said he will be shipping on Thursday, So I will let eveyone know on Friday. It looks like he is trying to make good of things on his end!!!!!

Old 04-15-2003, 08:50 AM   #7
Corey Sawyer
I have pruchased from NWHerp, 5 geckos. I was happy with the purchase. I picked them up in person.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:50 PM   #8
paalexan
Well, even after reading the negative posts on this forum, I bought from Olivier Allen Moi, as he had Paraguayan leaf-toed geckos, which I've never seen for sale anywhere else, and also had greater earless lizards, though these were more secondary. Luckily, things went well. One of the earless lizards is thin enough to worry me, but given how nervous earless lizards are, and that these are recently wild-caught, this isn't much of a surprise, and other than that, no problems with the animals or shipping or whatnot.

Patrick Alexander

Old 04-28-2003, 01:41 PM   #9
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
Thumbs down UPDATE

Well after given Oliver 3weeks to make good on this deal he has still not. I keep getting I will ship next monday then thursday etc etc. Well I am fed up with this whole matter at this point. As of tomorrow I am going to the USPS to file a mail fraud claim! I sent him a USPS money order which is a legal document plus I sent it and he signed for it via USPS. This whole matter is ridiculous! Also I have no problem informing them that he shipped 4 rear fanged snakes throught the USPS and Express! I am sick of the whole matter. Unfortunate for him I should recieve the whole amount paid for the animals and also that he will face charges of illegally shipping animals. I saved every last e-mail so he has incriminated himself. I know this is so much for such a small amount but this has to stop. I have spoken with several people including Jeff Kowalsky from exotics aquatic and oliver has ripped him off over 1000.00 dollars! I have also informed Kingsnake and hopefully the TOS will work on my side and keep him from riping others off! I have given him more than enough time to make good and I have given him more than the benifit of the doubt but enough is enough! For everyone out there BE CAREFUL! Good luck!
Thanks

Old 05-01-2003, 03:56 PM   #10
Ronda
I would just like to clarify that Northwest Herpetoculture and all of the related abbreviations:

NW Herp
Northwest Herp
NW Herpetoculture

etc, is owned and operated by me, and I have no relationship to Oliver Moi. I have never heard of him before, and do not want his business practices (shady or otherwise) associated with my operation. The business names listed above are registered with the State of Washington and owned by me.

Thanks,
Ronda Van Winkle
Northwest Herpetoculture
http://nwherp.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!