I don't understand people - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
hhmoore
I don't understand people

Okay, this isn't quite a sound off....I'm just amazed at how brazen (or ignorant) some people are.
State and local laws don't always make a whole lot of sense, especially when it comes to animals you can/can't keep. I get that. I also understand that, sometimes, one's passion for a species might compel him/her to keep them without regard for the laws. What surprises me is how many people openly sell and solicit animals which are illegal where they are; and how they respond when the laws are mentioned.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
LauraB
And those are usually the brainiacs that eventually get busted - the brazen, the self-righteous, the indignant and the ones who think they are above the law.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
brd7666
I prefer to use the term RETARDS.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
DAND
It's the intellectually challenged individuals you are speaking of that were the more than likely the reason(s) for the restrictions to be initiated in the first place. Unfortunately it only takes one or two idiots to ruin everything for the rest.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
chamgirl99471
I completely agree Dan.. It's sad the way that goes... People with a passion for a certain type of python (larger ones) can't keep them in the state of Florida without having to jump through hoops to do so. I can almost see that happening all over the United States VERY SOON if these Retards won't use proper caging and handling techniques as people are getting strangled/asphicsiated (sp?) by their "Pet" python while showing it to their buddies!! DUH!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamgirl99471 View Post
I completely agree Dan.. It's sad the way that goes... People with a passion for a certain type of python (larger ones) can't keep them in the state of Florida without having to jump through hoops to do so. I can almost see that happening all over the United States VERY SOON if these Retards won't use proper caging and handling techniques as people are getting strangled/asphicsiated (sp?) by their "Pet" python while showing it to their buddies!! DUH!
It already has started. If I am not mistaken there are restrictions on large constrictors in a number of states. I believe you need a permit to own any constrictor that reaches over 6 feet in Illinois. New York has a lot of restrictions as well. Other states are going to be jumping on the whole Florida ban because of the whole monkey see, monkey do way the government operates.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
Melinda
Seems I read that San Francisco has serious regulations too. I remember a dude got caught with a bunch of ball morphs and other stuff and he had to move or his snakes would be confiscated.

Watch out, those ball's are gonna sneak up on you and suffocate you in your sleep. They run in packs now and carry little knives since they don't have fangs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!