FedEx shipping quality down the toilet? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-08-2021, 06:20 PM   #11
V675210
I agree and also prices went up

Old 06-09-2021, 11:19 AM   #12
Herpin Man
It's not just FedEx.
I have crickets delivered to my house quite regularly, purchased from various suppliers- I have yet to find that ideal cricket vendor.
On this particular day, a couple months ago, I was not home, so I asked my adult son to watch for the package. When I got the email notification from UPS that they had been delivered, I asked him to bring them in. Unfortunately, they were not at my house, meaning UPS had delivered my crickets to the wrong house. This has been happening more frequently these past few months, from all shippers.
My son checked with the other houses in the neighborhood- nothing.
I wasn't concerned that the cricket supplier (which shall remain nameless, so that this isn't taken as a BOI type post) would make good on the order; I was concerned that the crickets would die before I got my hands on them, and that it would be a week before I got replacements. So, I placed a call to the well known cricket supplier, and left a message on their voice mail, asking them to help track down my order. I also sent them a text.
Then, I placed a call to UPS, despite the fact that they usually tell you that only the shipper can intercede in cases like this. I simply asked the lady to have the driver please go back and retrieve the package from wherever it was left, and bring it to the proper address, before the driver left the area. Miraculously, she did exactly that, and I had my crickets a short time later.
I am still waiting for the well known cricket supplier to return my call or text.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:05 PM   #13
WebSlave
Yeah, perhaps this is just one facet of that marvelous gem of a screwed up world we are now going through. But I haven't had a bit of trouble with UPS or USPS. At least not lately. They seem to all go through their patches of troubles now and again.

Here locally, FedEx seems to be really struggling. We have had their trucks break down in our driveway a couple of times, and even when they are running they sound like they are on their last legs. Matter of fact, when the package was delivered today, I talked to the driver and he said he wasn't the guy running this route yesterday. But he heard that the truck had broken down yesterday. Something about the rear bumper falling off. Several times we have had FedEx deliver via rental trucks, so I think they are having financial difficulties and are pushing those old trucks long past being due to be overhauled or replaced.

For a while FedEx was delivering using those same old trucks but painted white without any lettering. I was thinking that perhaps they had been bought out and in the process of having the trucks painted to show the name of the new owners. Of course, a new company name of Fed-UPS would certainly be fitting.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #14
AbsoluteApril
I just had a UPS order 'delivered' but to some mysterious house (drove around a few blocks to see if it was at any neighbor but nope). Calling UPS the only options I was getting were 'wait 3 days and make a claim', same with Amazon. This was a sold out collector item so I didn't just want a refund. Luckily a very nice neighbor brought my package over 3 days later (unopened) and were looking for their own package that had also apparently been misdelivered.

My main gripe is I wish they would knock/ring the bell. Don't just drop and run. oh well.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #15
WebSlave
I have noticed that a LOT of companies no longer have any way to contact them via email any longer. And when you call them via the phone, wait times can often be some ridiculously long period of time. Just seems to me that the whole darn world has gone customer hostile on us.

Customer service has certainly been a notable victim of this plandemic going on. And I am pretty sure that a lot of businesses are just using it as an excuse to cut corners from their customer service expenses, too.

Of course, I was talking to a guy the other day who said he is having severe difficulties hiring people. Apparently people are making so much money being unemployed, that people have no incentive to work. That, coupled with a severe shortage of materials he needs to run his business is making things look pretty grim for him. The guy does roofing and porch enclosures. He has orders on the books for 52 screen enclosures and only has materials and people to do 2 of them for the foreseeable future.

Man, for a number of reasons, I am GLAD that Connie and I retired 10 years ago. I sure as heck would hate to have to be trying to take care of thousands of animals right now. So many things could go wrong that would mean a lot of animals dying.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #16
Socratic Monologue
I'm lucky to have a good FedEx Ship Center here (knock on wood) -- one of the counter workers keeps reptiles, and has been really helpful in sorting out issues.

USPS (well, one person there) isn't on my good list lately. Week before last I had a box of day-old guineas come in mostly dead. It had frozen here overnight -- we were in the middle of a pretty cold stretch -- so I figured even the ride in the truck was too much for them to tolerate (shipping standards for poultry are much lower than those for herps, stupidly -- three days in transit, no supplemental heat).

Anyway, I picked up some feeder insects there this morning and I could hear a bunch of chicks in the back room. I mentioned the chirping, and the counter worker told me that two weeks ago he had some guineas that were so loud he put them out on the back dock so he didn't have to listen to them. Probably were mine.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:14 PM   #17
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
I'm lucky to have a good FedEx Ship Center here (knock on wood) -- one of the counter workers keeps reptiles, and has been really helpful in sorting out issues.

USPS (well, one person there) isn't on my good list lately. Week before last I had a box of day-old guineas come in mostly dead. It had frozen here overnight -- we were in the middle of a pretty cold stretch -- so I figured even the ride in the truck was too much for them to tolerate (shipping standards for poultry are much lower than those for herps, stupidly -- three days in transit, no supplemental heat).

Anyway, I picked up some feeder insects there this morning and I could hear a bunch of chicks in the back room. I mentioned the chirping, and the counter worker told me that two weeks ago he had some guineas that were so loud he put them out on the back dock so he didn't have to listen to them. Probably were mine.
I know some people will say that stupidity is it's own punishment, but sometimes it just is not enough. Karma needs to be instantaneous.

Old 06-09-2021, 06:58 PM   #18
bcr229
$1500 drone shipped USPS back to manufacturer for firmware upgrade. This is a higher-end model used for business. Claim filed and reported theft to FAA since it was registered.

USPS claim denied. Appealed. Denied.

Sent report to USPS OIG's office. USPS investigator called and said delivery scan was four miles from address on the package, and to file another appeal referencing his name, phone #, email, and the tracking info.

Appealed again as directed. Denied.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:22 PM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
$1500 drone shipped USPS back to manufacturer for firmware upgrade. This is a higher-end model used for business. Claim filed and reported theft to FAA since it was registered.

USPS claim denied. Appealed. Denied.

Sent report to USPS OIG's office. USPS investigator called and said delivery scan was four miles from address on the package, and to file another appeal referencing his name, phone #, email, and the tracking info.

Appealed again as directed. Denied.

Well, THAT sucks! Guess that shows you just how much paying for insurance through USPS is worth.

Doesn't USPS investigate their own people for theft? Did anyone look up the address of the delivery and contact whoever lived or worked there?

Any way to escalate the complaint up the chain of command at USPS?

Small claims court against USPS? Or is that just a fool's errand?

Yeah, probably all a waste of time. No one in law enforcement gives a crap about us little people in situations like this.

I would be fit to be tied in your shoes.

Old 06-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #20
WebSlave
So, should I be holding my breath waiting for that delivery today?

Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!