Problem after posting a message? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-05-2022, 10:26 AM   #11
JColt
Did the same for me my last post. Curiously it did same thing on youtube yesterday. There are multiple double posts from people on several of the sites I visited where people didn't think first post went through.

Old 06-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Maybe totally unrelated, and maybe an issue on my end, but on the very top bar showing the fc address, it is preceded by the words 'Not Secure'. When I go to there places it does not have those words.
Normally what that means is that there are one or more links within the page you are viewing that are not "https" enabled. So the browser marks the entire page as being not secure.

I try to police the FaunaAds ads for such things, but honestly, lately, just not something I have thought about much. And I suppose anyone could put an insecure link in any post or even in there signature area that would do the same thing. It certainly doesn't mean there is any dangerous situation involved with viewing this site. It just means that someone or someones aren't keeping up with the program to make all browser page transfers via the https protocol.

Old 07-30-2022, 04:51 PM   #13
WebSlave
Anyone else having this problem again? I will post a reply, and it will take 30 seconds before the screen changes showing that the post was accepted by the server.

I just got a couple duplicated private messages each 1 minute apart, so I am assuming those two people are experiencing this same problem, and just clicked that SUBMIT button twice as a result of that delay.

Old 07-30-2022, 04:54 PM   #14
bcr229
Test site performance test...

ETA: Yes there is definitely a lag when posting... but not when updating.

Old 07-30-2022, 05:08 PM   #15
WebSlave
My server guys said that their is 3X the normal traffic here, mostly downloading attachments. Probably some funny business from spammers, so I disabled attachment downloads to unregistered/unlogged in viewers to see if that helps.

Old 07-30-2022, 05:09 PM   #16
WebSlave
Well, the above reply still took 30 seconds to complete.

Testing edit function...

Old 07-30-2022, 05:23 PM   #17
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
My server guys said that their is 3X the normal traffic here, mostly downloading attachments.
Scammers harvesting photos for their own fake sites.

Old 07-30-2022, 06:19 PM   #18
WebSlave
Editing a post is almost instantaneous.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:02 PM   #19
WebSlave
Posting a new thread has a delay as well.

I am going to highly limit what unregistered viewers can see, and see what that accomplishes.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:09 PM   #20
WebSlave
testing...............

edit: yeah, took 61 seconds for that reply to register. So much for that test.

edit. Heck, I'll just edit this last post instead of creating a new reply. Much faster.

I told the server people that this seems like a MySQL database problem, and NOT anything to do with external issues. The server is choking up updating MySQL tables. Doesn't make sense that an edit is instantaneous if the issue is external. The edit updates the screen and would be affected the same as doing a reply. So their answer doesn't make any sense to me. It's a damned SERVER problem!

Edit (08:17PM): Well damn. I have a rarely used site (USAjeepin.com) and I just ran some tests there. New threads and replies are like lightning. But that site doesn't have any external calls to advertising sites. So is that the issue? Not a database problem at all, but just the calls to those external sites having a problem building the page to be displayed on the browser with the updated thread? But if so, why doesn't that also affect just VIEWING a page? That should be doing the same thing, shouldn't it?

Heck, I dunno. Maybe having those two stents put into my heart shorted out my brain.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!