I quit smoking today! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
Art Klass
I quit smoking today!

I put em down thismorning. Wish me luck. I've been smoking for 21 years and i've had enough. I said to my kids last night, "I'm going to quit smoking tomorrow. I love you. Stay away from me." It's going to be a tough few days. (looking for sympathy, support and success stories.)

Old 03-11-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Cat_72
Good for you, Art!!!! I quit a few years ago, but when I wrecked my back, I was laid up for weeks, and seemed to have nothing better to do.......dumb me. I wish you the best of luck, I feel your pain, and wish I had the courage (or willpower) to go through it again at this point, lol. Are you using any patch or anything to "take the edge off", or just going "cold turkey"?

Old 03-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
Art Klass
Thanks Cat. No patch or gum for me. I'm kinda old school. If my father can drop them then so can I. About a year ago my wife and I got hypnotized to quit smoking. What a crock. I was so mad. I called the guy the next morning and really downloaded on him. He made promises that just didn't even come close to happening. I was also in the wrong frame of mind to quit. I was expecting an easy ride because of the hypnotism. I'm ready now. I am fully aware that this is going to suck and I am going to be an a** for a while. Thanks for your support!

Old 03-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #4
Cat_72
Any time, Art. What you say is VERY true, a person has to be ready, and has to really WANT to quit, or it simply won't work. Having an understanding family and friends really helps too......we had a guy at work that was trying to quit, and well...he got REALLY cranky....and people started telling him, "jeez, just go have a cigarette already!" Yeah, like THAT helps.

I think if you have your mind this strongly made up to do it, you will succeed. I've made a mental note to not post anything that could have a remote chance of ticking you off for the next week or so, however, lol.

Old 03-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #5
Art Klass
Quote:
I think if you have your mind this strongly made up to do it, you will succeed. I've made a mental note to not post anything that could have a remote chance of ticking you off for the next week or so, however, lol.
I'm going to have a pretty short fuse, but I'm committed to not lashing out.....unless someone really just crosses the line! Just kidding.

Old 03-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
ms_terese
Congratulations, and good luck!

I quit myself several years ago, and while it's still hard on occasion, especially if I'm around other smokers, I'm glad I did it!

Old 03-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #7
shrap
Quitting smoking is easy, Art. I have done it a 100 times.

It really is one of the hardest things you will ever do in your life. I have smoked for over 20 years myself and have wanted to quit for many years now and just cant get over the hump. I have made a inroads to quitting in the last 6 months though. I have went from 2 packs a day to 10 cigs a day. I only allow myself to smoke when I am really itching for one.

I don't carry a pack around everywhere I go now, I leave them on a shelf by the back door. That way I have to make a conscious effort to go smoke out on my deck in the backyard and not just pick one up out of blind habit. I know that is only a small victory at best, but it the best I can do at this point and time.

I truly wish you the best of luck and applaud you for trying.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #8
Art Klass
Quote:
I quit myself several years ago, and while it's still hard on occasion, especially if I'm around other smokers, I'm glad I did it!
I know it will always be hard at times. The piper always needs to be paid.

Quote:
I have went from 2 packs a day to 10 cigs a day.
That's awesome Sammy. Keep it up!

Thanks guys!

Old 03-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #9
Jeremy Letkey
I wish you all the best of luck. I myself do not have an addictive nature. I do not understand the turmoil that you go through. I can not understand the thought of doing something that is doing damage to myself. I come from a family of smokers. I am constantly nudging (I am not a nag) my parents to quit for their grandchildren. As Art has stated, I urge all of you to do it for someone that you love.

Truly I wish you all success.

Old 03-11-2006, 12:19 PM   #10
Art Klass
Thanks Jeremy. I appreciate it. Nudge gently with your folks. They know they need to quit and they will do it when they are ready. Art

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!