Don't get scammed! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #91
chamgirl99471
We have a security system set up in our home (which makes me feel a lot more comfortable as I have a 21 year old step daughter who likes to cause all sorts of problems) so if someone were to break into my house... we have a 22, 30-30 and shotgun in a locked case in our bedroom.. they would definately be in for a BIG Surprise!! Every two weeks or so we go shoot the guns just to keep them in good order and they are there for my protection and hopefully I will NEVER have to use them!!

As I said though.. if someone were to look us up on Google I don't think they would even be able to make it to the house cause it sends them elsewhere!

Old 03-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #92
Cp3_Pythons
Dean

Yes It was a Building that was up for sale he used that as the address where the package started off at the package was actually picked up there or Thats what the label said when It arrived here I mean every breeder I have meet so far has been EXTREMLY helpful I mean I agree with you but at the same time disagree I wouldnt let any Tom ,Harry or Jack into my house but if Someone was sincer and Honestly wanted to learn or just obtain more knowledge on the subject I wouldnt Deny them that Either IMO that would be just not right

Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 AM   #93
tinmantribe5
If you are maybe gonna do a local sale(within the state) its a good Idea to maybe inform a good nieghbor to kinda keep a eye out during the transaction.I suggest not bragging to any potential new customers about how extensive your Personal collection may contain( just creates unwanted greed by low lives to break in after they cased the joint.I suggest never meeting a potential Buyer or seller for that matter without at least someone their to call the Police if something goes wrong.I suggest meeting your local buyer in the entry wayof your front door and take them no futher into your house.Just remember Privacy is a good thing,I dont want people calling at all hours of the night freekin my family money is not that Important to put my Inocent family members in harms way for a Buck!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 AM   #94
chamgirl99471
Totally agree Shawn and for me it's just easier to get in the car and drive about 10 minutes to meet at a neutral place It's even difficult for my own family to locate my house and they've been here quite a few times... there are so many turns and it's in the woods so I can say we are pretty protected. If my neighbors see a strange car in the neighborhood they are usually warry!! I guess it's good to live in a close nit community where everyone keeps and eye on everyone else

Old 04-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #95
deborahbroadus
I've been known to misunderstand posts within threads and to be so far off the point when I respond that when I reread what I posted, I wonder why I listened to the voices inside my head...

But.... my understanding of the situation in question is Dean took a picture ONLY of a TREE that was outside in his yard.

This tree could be seen on Google and probably was when the potential customer checked out Dean's address on Google to assure himself that it was an actual address. I assumed the customer wanted to make sure that Dean was actually at that residence and had access to that tree sort of to assure himself that the transaction wasn't a "set-up."

Dean correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that you actually went inside and photographed your entire collection, the interior of your house and pics of your kids?

Old 04-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #96
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I've been known to misunderstand posts within threads and to be so far off the point when I respond that when I reread what I posted, I wonder why I listened to the voices inside my head...

But.... my understanding of the situation in question is Dean took a picture ONLY of a TREE that was outside in his yard.

This tree could be seen on Google and probably was when the potential customer checked out Dean's address on Google to assure himself that it was an actual address. I assumed the customer wanted to make sure that Dean was actually at that residence and had access to that tree sort of to assure himself that the transaction wasn't a "set-up."

Dean correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that you actually went inside and photographed your entire collection, the interior of your house and pics of your kids?
LoL Deb, they can have a pic of the kids but the collection... NO. I was asked AFTER the deal had been sealed, so I thought, to take a photo of a tree in between my FOUR car garage. Considering a 4 door garage is somewhat rare, I accomodated. Not a big deal though. Was easy enough for me to do since I live here and wanted to make the customer feel at ease.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #97
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
LoL Deb, they can have a pic of the kids but the collection... NO. I was asked AFTER the deal had been sealed, so I thought, to take a photo of a tree in between my FOUR car garage. Considering a 4 door garage is somewhat rare, I accomodated. Not a big deal though. Was easy enough for me to do since I live here and wanted to make the customer feel at ease.
Ahhh, it becomes clearer..they wanted to steal the rare GARAGE!!

Old 04-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #98
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Ahhh, it becomes clearer..they wanted to steal the rare GARAGE!!
Its even rarer than the doors suggest. One side is double deep

Old 04-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #99
Southern Wolf
Dean... can you send me that casing photo. I need one of those double deep rare kinds for my suped up redneck mud mobile

Old 04-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #100
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Dean... can you send me that casing photo. I need one of those double deep rare kinds for my suped up redneck mud mobile
Why you want to park it here at my house? Watch out for the boat though

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!