Corn morph... Oh Kevin... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #11
Kalie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
IMO the top is an Okeetee....
You mean a locality okeetee then? Because he just doesn't have the wide borders a line-bred okeetee should have.

Just a little confused here...

Old 01-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
Southern Wolf
Some Okeetee's have wider borders than others. The coloration is off IMO for just a normal.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
WebSlave
Sorry, but I have found wild normal colored corns from several localities that looked exactly like the first photo. Quite frankly, unless you know positively that it comes from Okeetee stock, just because it may somewhat resemble an "Okeetee" is really not sufficient reason to call it that. "Okeetee Corns" are animals that come from a particular locality, or at the very least are descendants from animals that have come from that area of South Carolina. Certainly I don't think most people adhere strictly to this definition any longer, but since Okeetee really refers to the Okeetee Hunt Club (or "Okatee", as I have seen the nearby river called) which is a specific locality, then it likely would be best to at least loosely adhere to this definition being a prerequisite for using that label.

But in any event, certainly not a Blood Red by any stretch of the imagination. But if that animal came from the Hastings area of Florida, it quite likely is related to the original stock that Eddie Leach used to produce the Blood Red line many years ago.

As for the Amelanistic, that's about the size of it. Just an "Amelanistic Corn Snake". Period.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #14
AK907
Figured it was just a normal amel, but having never seen an adult sunglow in person, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. The white is what made me think amel judging from pictures. Again, I'm new to corns. I've always been a ball/carpet python guy. All the guy told me was they were a sunglow and a bloodred male and female in his ad. I traded a young male hognose for both of them, so I figured it was worth it any way you slice it. Both are great eaters, healthy and mellow so regardless of genetics I am happy.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
Southern Wolf
sweet.... but now you know this guy dont know his morphs... so be leary of him in the future.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
sweet.... but now you know this guy dont know his morphs... so be leary of him in the future.
Horay for CL, eh?!

I'll learn. May take awhile, but gotta start somewhere I guess. Thats why yall are here. To correct us n00bs so we can better ourselves.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #17
garweft
What was the female supposed to be?

Maybe he gave you the wrong snake?

Old 01-09-2011, 03:43 AM   #18
AK907
^They were just pets, he was told by the previous owner it was male and female. He wasn't a breeder.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!