Feeling like a bad gecko mom! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-12-2005, 03:49 AM   #1
A_Kendergirl
Unhappy Feeling like a bad gecko mom!

I feel so bad right now! I was feeding my guys and I noticed the tip of Amber's tail looked a little funny, so I took her out for a closer look. Turns out she has some restricted shed left on the tip - about 1/8". I'm currently soaking her right now in an attempt to get it off. It looks like it's starting to turn necrotic, and I feel horrible! Most of it is still pink, so I hope if I can get that shed off, she'll be ok.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:58 AM   #2
Reptileking636
Tsk Tsk sounds like someone needs to be more attentive to their geckos needs. LOL well I'm sure that all will turn out to be fine, good luck!

Old 10-12-2005, 04:20 AM   #3
A_Kendergirl
Well, I soaked her for a good long time, and attempted to get the shed off. The problem is, it's such a small area, that I'm not really sure if it's off or not! I THINK I saw it come off. Time will tell.

She was SUCH a good girl through this. She didn't get upset at any point in time...sat in the bowl of water like it was her personal hot tub. LOL When I was messing her tail, she would just move it every now and then like "HEY - quit it, will ya?".

Old 10-12-2005, 04:35 AM   #4
A_Kendergirl
"After" pictures for the curious. I feel a little silly now, but I'm still upset that it happened. I do think I got it off, as the area has lost the deeper pink it had before the soak. You can still see the area that went necrotic.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2005, 04:40 AM   #5
Manhattan Herps
doesnt look too bad, i wouldnt worry at all, sometimes they pull the shed off when its not ready to, it that happens, its not your fault

Old 10-12-2005, 04:44 AM   #6
A_Kendergirl
Yea, I know it happens, and I knew what to do about it...it's just that it's a first for any of the leos under my care. LOL...if I feel this bad now I'm going to be a wreck if/when I have a tail drop.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:46 AM   #7
Manhattan Herps
the tail drops are pretty sickening..i wont go into detail..but you get the picture...lol

Old 10-12-2005, 07:04 AM   #8
g&mgeckos
Shanti, I have to agree with Dan on this one. It happens, you caught it early, knew what to do and did it. Sounds like a GREAT gecko MOM to me. Its not your fault.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:33 AM   #9
dragonflyreptiles
yeah Shanti, I agree with the guys, you did a great job and it can happen to anyone!

Sounds like she has a great mommy to me!

Old 10-12-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
USAGECKOS
I 3rd that notion! You saw the problem, and knew how to fix it, and did a great job!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!