The Virtual Mod Game - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Lucille
The Virtual Mod Game

I'll list a few 'situations' and y'all can add your own as well, and those who are Mod Bound or anyone who wants to respond, can reply:

1) Someone from Cameroon lists Ball Pythons for $7.95 or ten for $49.95, but requires payment immediately via Western Union.

2) Two extremely verbal personalities on the BOI start dissing each other over an alleged bad sale. One claims that in 10,000 transactions he has never had a bad sale. The situation is escalating and expletives and red dresses are coming into play. There are tons of bystanders and the posting is getting more heated by the moment.

3) A luscious young blonde female posts an incredible topless pic in the Lonely Hearts forum and says she is lonely and needs a reptile guy's affections.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I'll list a few 'situations' and y'all can add your own as well, and those who are Mod Bound or anyone who wants to respond, can reply:

Quote:
1) Someone from Cameroon lists Ball Pythons for $7.95 or ten for $49.95, but requires payment immediately via Western Union.
See ya

Quote:
2) Two extremely verbal personalities on the BOI start dissing each other over an alleged bad sale. One claims that in 10,000 transactions he has never had a bad sale. The situation is escalating and expletives and red dresses are coming into play. There are tons of bystanders and the posting is getting more heated by the moment.
Post a warning to cut the crap and if not heeded warning points fitting the further posts assessed. If need be, 3 day ban to cool off, see ya

Quote:
3) A luscious young blonde female posts an incredible topless pic in the Lonely Hearts forum and says she is lonely and needs a reptile guy's affections.
After saving the pic I would delete said pic and assess whatever warning points and then shoot her off a pm and and invite her over, see ya

Old 03-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
1. Post as a public service to our members that paying via Western Union for anything is an extremely risky practice, as there is no recourse if the goods are not delivered. Just because the seller is from Camaroon is not motive enough for a ban (although we all know the percentage of scams that come from the stated country).

2. Post in the thread a warning to all involved, and hand out points for infractions. Enough of them will warrant temporary or permament bans.

3. 4 points for profanity, post a warning in the thread, and delete the offending picture.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post

3. 4 points for profanity
Are bosoms profane?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post

After saving the pic I would delete said pic and assess whatever warning points and then shoot her off a pm and and invite her over, see ya

OMG, spit coke all over my keyboard you

Old 03-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Are bosoms profane?
hehehe bare ones in the Lonely Hearts Club forum would be, IMHO

Old 03-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
DAND
Quote:
Are bosoms profane?
Actually I don't see that there is a specific infraction for posting nakedness of any kind. Maybe there should be.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
OMG, spit coke all over my keyboard you
Sorry brother. I've caused that to happen to a few folks with previous posts. Just be happy it wasn't expelled through the nostrils. It has been brought to my attention that is a very unpleasant experience and quite painful.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Actually I don't see that there is a specific infraction for posting nakedness of any kind. Maybe there should be.
Deleting nakedness/nudity is one thing, but issuing points for profanity is separate and something else in my opinion. Are they profane? I don't think so personally.

Sometimes it isn't easy to decide exactly what to do. Being a mod is hard work.

So, no one else is going to put up more 'situations'?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
JordanAng420
Quote:

1. Buh bye.

2. Definately post a warning within the thread stating that if the offensive verbal behavior doesn't stop, points will be issued. Depending on HOW heated the situation is, and what was said/transpired I might hand out points IMMEDIATELY. If the situation continues, I would have to suspend/ban accounts for an appropriate period of time.

3. The picture would be removed immediately, in fact I might even delete the thread entirely, and the account holder would end up with the appropriate amount of points, which is 4 in this case, I would assume. She (or whoever it is, you never know these days) would also be reminded of the TOS of fauna, along with possibly recommending she view the "what do y'all look like?" thread to get an idea of what kind of photos are acceptable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!