Smart phones? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
Lucille
Smart phones?

I'm not on the cutting edge, I've had just a regular old cell phone for ages. I could text if I wanted but I don't. I mostly communicate via email.
I'm leaving Comcast, got fed up

Looking over AT&T for TV/internet/phone. They have shiny new smart phones. I'm not sure I need one but they are so shiny
Those of you who have smart phones, are they worthwhile and do you use all the bells and whistles?

Old 06-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
AnyankasGeckos
I love my Glaxay S II, it is an awesome phone.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Double B Reptiles
Once you make the switch, you will never go back. muuuuuaaahhhhhhaaahhahahahaha.

But yeah, seriously, jump on the wagon. The processing speed of the newer phones coming out is incredible. Think of your entire life pretty much being at your fingertips. You can connect with people in completely new ways, and it is almost too convenient haha. When I switched from regular phone to smart phone, I was blown away.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
Snake-Queen
I love my smart phone ... sometimes I think it is smarter than I am.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Those of you who have smart phones, are they worthwhile and do you use all the bells and whistles?
Whether they are worthwhile or not depends on the perspective of the user...I have one, and I like it; but I don't come close to using all the bells and whistles. It is simply a matter of convenience for me. Many people are addicted to their smartphones; and quite honestly, they are a disruptive force because a lot of people seem to have no sense that it might not always be appropriate to be texting, facebooking, talking, watching videos, playing games, etc.
It is easy to get used to having a smartphone, even if one only utilizes a fraction of its capabilities. This is becoming a technology based world, for better or worse; and smartphones are getting smarter and more capable with every step. Of course, with a smart phone, you'll also have to have a data plan .

Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
Lucille
Interesting article
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...it_th_20120629

Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
hhmoore
Yup - that's why there is next to no personal information about me on facebook, I never "check in", I don't leave my phone's GPS locator active, etc. I'm among that group that thinks Google has already been walking the line I don't want crossed, even though some of the features are quite convenient.
I don't want my phone telling people where I am, with relatively few exceptions; and if I'm not going to have the ability to limit that access, I don't want it happening. Will I occasionally lament a near miss with a friend - sure....but the alternative is more unpleasant, IMO.

Going back to my earlier comment about people not having any sense of propriety - I have seen nurses texting/facebooking in patient's rooms (and I'm talking about fully alert patients, here), manager's turning their backs on customers in the middle of a discussion to carry on extended personal conversations, employees ignoring customers while they're doing whatever on their phones. Granted, I'm 45 yrs old, and haven't fully embraced technology; but those things, IMO, do more than cross a line. They scale a wall and jump over.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
edf01
Quote:
Going back to my earlier comment about people not having any sense of propriety - I have seen nurses texting/facebooking in patient's rooms (and I'm talking about fully alert patients, here), manager's turning their backs on customers in the middle of a discussion to carry on extended personal conversations, employees ignoring customers while they're doing whatever on their phones.
LOL- people at my work know to not let me catch them texting while working ( on break- thats fine) I flat out said if I catch anyone on their phones texting- its gettign dropped down the inaccessable safe- when the store manager comes in- you can go up to her and tell her you need her to open that safe to get the phone out. She'll ask why, and yeah, she'll eventually know why it was dropped down there.

we got people hiding in the freezer to text...

Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post

Going back to my earlier comment about people not having any sense of propriety - I have seen nurses texting/facebooking in patient's rooms (and I'm talking about fully alert patients, here), manager's turning their backs on customers in the middle of a discussion to carry on extended personal conversations, employees ignoring customers while they're doing whatever on their phones. Granted, I'm 45 yrs old, and haven't fully embraced technology; but those things, IMO, do more than cross a line. They scale a wall and jump over.
I agree!

Last night we were out at dinner & I told my son that his girlfriend wasn't going to die if he stopped texting for an hour while we ate dinner.

I have criticized friends for texting while we were talking.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
suzuki4life
I have a Galaxy S2, but I would go back to my EVO 4g in a heart beat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!