2 PI Chahoua for sale (one showing signs of being high white) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Geckos

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
aschnell
2 PI Chahoua for sale (one showing signs of being high white)

Today and Tomorrow Only - Take both for $735 shipped

Younger
-Unsexed (but I checked him/her under our high magnification dissecting scope tonight, no pores yet)
-6 grams
-Eats both CGD and crickets like a champ
-$370 plus ship (ship is $35 west coast, $42 midwest or east coast through SYR)
-Text me anytime to ask questions at 408-394-5410
-Showing early signs of developing a lot of white/grey
-Parents were both pink and green with some white collar to them

HD Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEWl7...e_gdata_player

Here is a younger pic, you can see the white starting to come in...

Here he/she is really fired up

----------------------------------------------------------------

Older
-Unsexed (but I checked him/her under our high magnification dissecting scope tonight, no pores yet)
-9 grams
-Eats both CGD and crickets like a champ
-$370 plus ship (ship is $35 west coast, $42 midwest or east coast through SYR)
-Text me anytime to ask questions at 408-394-5410
-Parents were both pink and green with some white collar to them

Gave the contrast on this one a 7% increase to sharpen it a bit, I was going to just not include the pic since it could be a bit misleading, but it's just such a good picture!
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
OneLoveReptiles
Love em, im possibly interested can you send me an email and tell me a little more, email is onelovereptiles@gmail.com

Old 11-14-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
aschnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveReptiles View Post
Love em, im possibly interested can you send me an email and tell me a little more, email is onelovereptiles@gmail.com
Email sent
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-14-2010, 02:50 AM   #4
Meg90
Very nice chahoua. Can you post parent pics? Unfortunately, I wouldn't call either high white. They either are born with the white collar/splotching, or they never get it. Its not a facet of the color change from hatchling to adult.

This is a hatchling of 6g that has white:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ept08th138.jpg
Here is a baby just after hatching, still wet with goo, that has white
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...n/DSC_0272.jpg

Just want to be sure that the animals are being accurately represented because without being familiar with the species, its easy to make a mistake.

What lineage are these?

Old 11-14-2010, 03:36 AM   #5
aschnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg90 View Post
Very nice chahoua. Can you post parent pics? Unfortunately, I wouldn't call either high white. They either are born with the white collar/splotching, or they never get it. Its not a facet of the color change from hatchling to adult.

This is a hatchling of 6g that has white:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ept08th138.jpg
Here is a baby just after hatching, still wet with goo, that has white
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...n/DSC_0272.jpg

Just want to be sure that the animals are being accurately represented because without being familiar with the species, its easy to make a mistake.

What lineage are these?
Thanks for the kind words. I know chahoua are usually born with the white splotching or white collar if that's how they end up looking as adults, but on occasion some animals develop some white as they mature (otherwise how would have the white collar animals have come about in the first place, ya know?). I think anyone would agree what it's pretty hard to predict how a chahoua's color patterning will change throughout its life - personally I find them one of the most difficult species to predict adult coloration for. I thought I put "one showing signs of possibly being high white" in the title but looking back I just realized that I didn't - I would never guarantee what a chahoua would look like as an adult, so I definitely should have put "possibly" in the title. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't know the lineage, and I'm working on getting pics of the parents (I got these two as part of a trade and I don't really need them).

Chahoua aren't my specialty, but I breed all species of Rhacs except Trachys - and specialize in multi thousand dollar GT leachianus - so I appreciate your concern about representing animals properly during a sale because with leachianus that's definitely one of my biggest pet peeves.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!