Question about markings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-30-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
Chopper714
Question about markings

I have this Pinstripe Yellowbelly Het orange ghost. I noticed that she has these 2 black lines that run straight down under both of her eyes. like clown makeup. the lines are on both side and perfectly symmetrical. Its actually on top and bottom just very clean on the bottom. she also has dark emote looking markings on her head.

I looked at a variety of pins and YB but don't see any of that.

Did I just get lucky with some realy cool markings (in my opinion) or are these traits more common to the pins/yb and I'm just too new to realize this.

Here are a few pics, one is bad but all i have at the moment.

What do you guys think?

Also She is Het Orange Ghost from 2 different het OG lines. NERD and another I can't remember at the moment. Are these Het lines Compatible and does it make sense that I could get 1 or both of the 2 het lines coming out in offspring if paired with another ghost or het ghost?
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper714 View Post
I have this Pinstripe Yellowbelly Het orange ghost. I noticed that she has these 2 black lines that run straight down under both of her eyes. like clown makeup. the lines are on both side and perfectly symmetrical. Its actually on top and bottom just very clean on the bottom. she also has dark emote looking markings on her head.

I looked at a variety of pins and YB but don't see any of that.

Did I just get lucky with some realy cool markings (in my opinion) or are these traits more common to the pins/yb and I'm just too new to realize this.

Here are a few pics, one is bad but all i have at the moment.

What do you guys think?

Also She is Het Orange Ghost from 2 different het OG lines. NERD and another I can't remember at the moment. Are these Het lines Compatible and does it make sense that I could get 1 or both of the 2 het lines coming out in offspring if paired with another ghost or het ghost?
If you are asking if you can assume she's het clown based off markings, absolutely not, but it could be something else these days I see new genes people don't realize are in thier animals every day but you can never assume that with something like this, het OG can have markers, but het for 2 lines doesn't sound likely because most OG's are compatable, so it would be similar to a mystic potion pairing, you either get mojave or mystic, not both, so it's impossible to say which line yours is het fir but with compatability of recessive they're essentially the exact same thing so that's not very important. Nice animal wither way!

Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
Chopper714
Rad. Ty. I knew the het wouldn't be visible. I guess I was just wondering if the possibilities of the het might have come out in such a an extremely low expression (if that's even posible) that some of those marker might be seen. I was hoping the the vertical (tear,clown, lines) were from something else but neither myself or the breeder can identify. Ty again, yeah she pretty. Maybe in the future she'll prove out something hidden

Old 01-07-2017, 10:55 PM   #4
Chopper714
Oh...and the parent bot had the het og...that's why I was asking about it coming thru less than more.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #5
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper714 View Post
Oh...and the parent bot had the het og...that's why I was asking about it coming thru less than more.
Wait if she was from 2 het parents she only possible het. If one parent was ghost from 2 different ghost lines shes het for ghost, if she is from 2 different incompatible ghost parents she would be double het for both bloodline but that's unlikely since most are comparable.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #6
Chopper714
Awesome.. ty for the input.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python, morph ball python