Bite Club - Page 37 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2009, 12:34 AM   #361
Twizted Paths
Refference Post #339

It has been brought to my attention that I never did get my picture uploaded

So here's the pics, sorry I had to clean the blood off before leaving the snake room or my kid would have flipped. As most of you know my photography skills are zilch and my camera is, shall we say, well loved.

Here's Luna, she's my 2007 het coral. She changes color (hence her name) this is her medium phase. Sometimes she's almost black.

My left arm

Left arm w/a dime

It bruised immediately and it was just what I'd call a warning tag. On the other side of the dime is another almost healed tag and two freckles.

Now can I have my card?

**also the jungle from Tim is a July 2006, I was typing to fast it should have said 07/06 not just 07. Sorry

Old 06-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #362
reptile143
i have only been bitten one in my 7 years in reptiles, by my snapping turtle it was completely by surprise i was trying to take me painter out and the snapper was hidden behind a rock in the aquarium nd whack i got my finger away in time just t draw a lot of blood nd not cause any bone damage

Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #363
Tiger Lilly
I'm sorry, sir,

but without photos, it doesn't count. Please have your turtle bite you again and post the appropriate photos...

Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #364
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
but without photos, it doesn't count. Please have your turtle bite you again and post the appropriate photos...
It's not a bite if there's no blood, just luv nip otherwise!!! lol

Old 07-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #365
Semperfi3005
And "Ice cube" thought he had it bad!

I drove about six hours from Baltimore MD to Virginia Beach to snatch up this amazing hybrid green/yellow conda. I get lost twice and after six hours on the road we get there (I wasn't alone I brought some friends). Now prior to driving that long in a cramped dodge stratus myself and the seller made it VERY VERY VERY CLEAR THE PRICE WAS 150$. Anyway I pull up and knock on the door and this crazy lady opens the door all pissed of at god knows what and tells me the seller isnt home. After about twenty minutes this young kid pulls up in a truck and tells me to re-park in another area with a major attitude. Now im thinking to myself "please not a bad sale please please please". The kid gets out of his truck and it turns out to be the seller. He takes me inside and begins to show me around is garage full of containers with mostly large boa's and ball pythons and some other really cool stuff. I think to myself wow this kid knows what he is doing and alittle stress is relieved.....it was only for a short time. He slides open the tub and out comes a BEAUTIFUL hybrid deep into a shed but still looking like a million bucks. And out of the corner of my eye I spot a girl maybe about 17 or 18 years old aka the sellers girlfriend ....she sits down and kinda gives me the" who the hell are you look". He began to pull the hybrid out and before you know it he goes crazy aviods the hook and tags me once....just a nip not to bad. Well now the action really begins to heat up the snake is getting pissed and as we try to put him back he strikes me 1 2 3 times very rapidly. The conda is pushing around 9ft and does not want to be handled so we leave her alone. But not before she gets 4 good strikes in,we had to put her back so I took a couple for the team. Meanwhile im bleeding everywhere I MEAN BLEEDING its on the floor the tanks my clothes but its whatever this snake is awesome....as pain courses through my hands. I turn to look at the guy hands all bloody and proclaim....I'll taker her I have the 150$". About this time his girlfriend stands up and starts to attack me and him worse than the damn snake. Screaming " 150$ I dont think so!!!! You told him 150$? I need to talk to you in private!!!" So they leave the room and I can hear them SCREAMING at eachother. Here I am in a garage hand looking like ground beef as this guy and his mean ass girlfriend argue about a price for the hybrid. He comes back out and says" man,I think I can only do 200 for the hybrid. I argue and say "Well look I drove six hours man because you told me 150$.........how bout we do 170$ (still super pissed about the situation).
He goes in and I hear him and the super bitch SCREAMING AGAIN!!!!. HE COMES BACK OUT AND SAYS "I can't do anything lower than 200$ I need to fix my truck.(The one I just saw him driving)
THE GUY IS TOTALLY F***ING WITH ME RIGHT? HE LIED AND NOW WONT EVEN TAKE 25 EXTRA DOLLARS THAN THE ORIGINAL PRICE BECAUSE HIS GIRLFRIEND IS A B****? So I stand up tell him peace out jump in the car cruise all pissed of tell the story to my friends. We end up grabbing a room hanging out on the beach all night,drinking and having a good time. Wake up drive six hours with no conda. So turns out I underestimated the bite because now...3 months later I only have 3/4 movement in the last two finger on my right hand. I have serious pain still from the bite which leads me to believe its perm. So kid....if your out there and your reading this ......remember.....one pissed of b**** is enough......I suggest loosing the girl not the snake.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #366
TattooLost
Wow, this needs to be updated and kept going, darnit!

Here's my latest. I knew it was going to happen, that's the bad part. I had a couple babies housed together temporarily, and had to separate them for feeding. I'd already fed some other snakes, and had been handling mice. My wife hadn't, so I asked her to pick one up and put it in the other tub to feed it. As soon as she tried, it darted away from her, and freaked her out... so of course, I had to stick my mouse smelling hand in there to get one. Naturally, he saw my pinky as, well... a pinky.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #367
TattooLost
Oh, and cold water didn't seem to do the trick, so I had to wait him out. Those little teeth are like grass spurs. Not all that painful, until you move one a little bit. Hahaha. Little jerk!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #368
AK907
I've been nailed by just about everything I think. My most recent was from a 1,200 gram male dumeril boa. He got three of my fingers but quickly let go when he realized I wasn't food.

Rosy boa. This little brat gnawed on me for a good ten minutes.

6 foot california king bite.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #369
Melinda
Here's one from my Boxer. She completely freaked when we put a bark collar on her. The collar did not time out like it was supposed to do and kept shocking her when she was not barking. I waited for her to calm down a bit and when I reached down to remove the collar she grabbed me. Notice the fat cells sticking out. 5 stitchs to close it up. About 1 inch long.

Urgent Care had to report the bite and dog had to be home quarantined for 10 days. That was a pain in the butt.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #370
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Melinda.. I think you would win if that was a herp bite, lol That's a reaallly nasty looking bite. Too bad it wasn't a reptile.
Hopefully now you realize how awefull shock collars are!! One on One training is always better.. and less painfull, for all of us!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!