Violation of Constitutional Rights?????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
Cp3_Pythons
Violation of Constitutional Rights??????

Please read the thread and in my opinion I belive this could easly be mixed up with bein a violation of my constutional rights If I tell an officer of the law In My opinion officer your a fat jelly douhnut eating pig I can not be be charged with verbal assult becuase I have the right to free speach but here you clearly see I do not

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Dear Cp3_Pythons,

You have received an infraction at FaunaClassifieds.

Reason: Personal attack on another member
-------
Calling another member here "scumbag" is just not appropriate nor acceptable. Please refrain from such name calling in the future.
-------

This infraction is worth 4 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=926473
Quote:
What a Scumbag Bag all the threads a closed now IMO I honestly dont see him selling any of his snakes on here ANYTIME soon Im kinda glad that I didnt sell him my Albino Green Burmese female after reading all of this God knows what might of happened to her

If Paul really cared IMO he would be here explaining the diff name's and trying to clean this up but he dosent. Now if a Man dosent care enough to clear there name and set things straight It brings me to wonder How can he care for his reptiles? Wouldnt the reputation of his name be more important That is what Helps you sell your reptiles your reputation and how you handle things.
from this thread Pauls Rep is probally lower than mine by now and I dont have I think LOL
and all his potintail customers are most likely NOT going to be sending him any funds which means Now the Reputable breeders have more customers ( THANK YOU PAUL FOR THE CUSTOMERS I belive everyone should thank him)
Well IMO Paul Whatever his last name is should be Banned anyone second it??
( Moderators if Im out of line Let me know before hand I dont want any more infractions)
All the best,
FaunaClassifieds

As you can clearly see I dont mean to be rude nor disrespectful but I put in the thread I posted IMO IN My Opinion I know this dosent justify the infraction I just want to point out I used In My Opinion he's a scumbag It wasnt ment to be a personal attack on him I was clearly stating my opinion of him

The Bold paragraph is what I sent back in an email Im probally going to recive another infraction for speaking my mind but I feel its worth a cause so.....

Old 04-25-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
Cp3_Pythons
One more thing please read were it says moderators please let me know before hand if Im outta line I dont want no more infractions hmmmm guess that dont happen Alright Im done with this unless i get another infraction for this thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:33 AM   #3
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
One more thing please read were it says moderators please let me know before hand if Im outta line I dont want no more infractions hmmmm guess that dont happen Alright Im done with this unless i get another infraction for this thread
No, it doesn't.
How could we let you know beforehand???
Besides, there is no editing on the BOI; so, once you post, it's there to stay...so it isn't as if you could go back and change your words.

As far as the violation of your constitutional rights - nope. This is a privately owned site, and the owner can set & enforce rules about what is posted. You might want to look at a recent comment posted by WebSlave, in which he clearly states that such derogatory comments will not be allowed:

Quote:
Quite frankly, I am just getting really fed up with the personal bitch slapping I am seeing between members here over opinions and really petty issues. Even on the BOI. Labelling someone as a "bad guy" and making an opinion about their business practices is one thing, but flat out calling someone a "scumbag", "asshole", "jackass", or the like just is not conducive to a professional and mature atmosphere. So I want that to STOP.
(taken from post #4 of Updates to the infraction system http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...694#post896694)

Old 04-25-2010, 01:59 AM   #4
brd7666
Free speach does not apply to a privately owned web site.

Here is some advise for you. If you get points for something or a mod makes you mad, send them a pm and hash it out there. It's behind the scenes and no one has to know your business. You really make yourself look like a fool when you post stuff like this publicaly.

I can assure you that when it comes to free speach this is one of the better sites when it comes to voicing your opinion. Other sites remove posts on a regular basis.

I am going to take a guess that you are in your early 20's. You have a lot to learn young man.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
WebSlave
Sorry fella, but that's just the way it is here. I intend to clean this place up and derogatory name calling is just not going to allow me to progress in that direction.

As for telling you beforehand that you are out of line, THAT is exactly what the infractions are for. They are the warnings that are telling you that if you don't voluntarily change your ways PRONTO, then you will be booted out of here to forcibly STOP your actions.

Personally, it is my opinion that the BOI will be much more effective if it doesn't allow people to just piss off the people who are participating within it, and allows a mature and professional atmosphere (relatively speaking) where the facts can be exposed and respectful opinions can be expressed without it escalated into a flamefest of antagonists just slinging crap at each other. Yeah, it used to be fun to prod someone until they just exploded, but I have seen first hand where that just gets too carried away, and most people regardless of the facts, will eventually explode if cattle prodded hard enough and long enough by persistent and malicious antagonists. There are some people who apparently just enjoy wielding that cattle prod, regardless of who it is used against, and that is just going to stop here.

It is much more important for the information that the BOI can provide to be exposed to as many people as possible then it is to have this site a mud wrestling ring for a few people to enjoy as entertainment. So I am going to do whatever is necessary to make this WORK and work WELL.

You are welcome to disagree with my opinion, but you will still need to comply if you wish to participate here.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
The previous posts address your thread well. The only thing that I would add is that it always amazes me how some handle the situation after receiving such a simple warning or infraction. It's not a personal assault against anyone on the receiving end. It's designed to correct a behavior, period. Heck, I even had a warning. Nobody is perfect, but unless you blatantly go out to break the rules here you should be able to operate within the guidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
Here is some advise for you. If you get points for something or a mod makes you mad, send them a pm and hash it out there. It's behind the scenes and no one has to know your business. You really make yourself look like a fool when you post stuff like this publicaly.
I would agree with all of the above but would add, if you have a question about a warning that is received, feel free to "hash it out" with the moderator that gave you the notice to correct the behavior. However, antagonism over the issue isn't going to be tolerated here. We are human as well and I have reversed a warning that was given wrongly when notified. I have also added to them instead.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
The only thing that I would add is that it always amazes me how some handle the situation after receiving such a simple warning or infraction. It's not a personal assault against anyone on the receiving end. It's designed to correct a behavior, period. Heck, I even had a warning. Nobody is perfect, but unless you blatantly go out to break the rules here you should be able to operate within the guidelines.
I think most people when given points get bothered to some degree, some more then others. It boils down to being disiplined. It's the same as someone's boss calling them in the office and given them a hard time for something. They may have gotten a butt chewing, but didn't get fired. That employee is going to go back to their work station mumbling things about how it was unfair. I think it is all part of being human. What seperates adults from children is the ability to not hold a grudge, and that goes for both sides, everyone moves on and gets over it. And of course, when things continue, then it gets old, and something has to give.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
If I tell an officer of the law In My opinion officer your a fat jelly douhnut eating pig

I'm not going to charge you for this advice, but, don't do the above

Old 04-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
StrictlyExotics
Clarence,

Just to clarify something with you regarding freedom of speech...

You are correct regarding the "In my opinion, you are a fat jelly donut eating pig comment" only because you are stating an opinion. It only becomes assault, or slander if its not true, when you do not state opinion.

As a senior in high school, I was arrested, handcuffed, and taken to juvenile hall because I called my brand new principal a in public and to his face. The cops told me that I could not call him such things, but, I could state my opinion So, the very next day, I went back to school and told him that "in my opinion, he is a ! He called the cops again to have me retaken to juvenile hall but, they wouldnt budge Needless to say, I did not have a Saturday away from school my entire senior year, which really sucked.

This site is privately owned and there are rules and guidelines to go by to create a happier enviroment for all involved. Freedom of speech is your right however, you do not have to be extended that right within someones privately owned property.

I would suggest just not calling people names as it truly isnt necessary to get your point across. You may see examples of other people doing it, however, this is something that has been cracked down on in the past year now, at least. Dont fall into that trap and do what others do or you may end up losing out on something I know you enjoy, Fauna.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
WebSlave
Just for the record, anyone saying "In my opinion, you are a scumbag", will be treated as being functionally equivalent to saying "You are a scumbag". It is still the use of a derogatory name regardless of it being labelled an opinion or not. While the "opinion" prefix may help you avoid being sued for libel, it will NOT shield you from getting an infraction for violation of the rules.

I think a clarification is in order just in case there is an confusion about this issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!