DHL--- Going To Court - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:40 PM   #1
Hermits-Direct
DHL--- Going To Court

Hey everyone, just got a call from a collection agency, and it looks like DHL is going to be taking me to court. They were the first company I ever shipped reptiles with, and the worst. Their customer service really has no clue as to what they are doing. I have a bill that run $230.00 that occured from over 1 year ago, and all the waybills were charged as "bill to sender" but when I contacted them, they said that usually the rep doesn't see that when they enter the info to the computer. Whats even worse is the buyers paid their bill, and now they expect me to pay it also! I called DHL and they said they have some new policy as to where they do not handle any complains about these kind of things, and I would have to contact the collection agency. So I did, and they refuse to pick up the phone, and will not return any phone calls. What's even worse is a DHL rep told me I was right, but unfortunately we couldn't do anything about it. I have know received a letter to go to court about the bill. I know I am not the only one who has had these problems with DHL. Maybe if we all wrote letters to the BBB they could straighten the business out. I now ship daily through Fedex Express and could happily say I have picked a great company! Fedex is great, I'm just waiting for DHL to be shut down or go out of business- which doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
Greg Riso
Thumbs down You're Not The Only One

that's tired of the bull that DHL throws at you. I've had double billing issues, packages delivered very late but stated as having been delivered on time so they wouldn't have to refund shipment costs, etc. The final straw was when they misdelivered a package to another DHL terminal on a Friday because they entered the wrong zip code on the package. I left early from work and drove over 70 miles one way to pick up the animal because I knew it would have had to go all weekend in a box before they'd reattempt another delivery. Long story short, I got the package after having driven hours at my expense, only to get billed for the delivery charge! We went round and round for months on that one until I finally vowed NEVER to use them again and I haven't. It's now FedEx all the way.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:31 PM   #3
WebSlave
Heck, get an attorney. File a counterclaim for defamation of character because what DHL has done via the collection agency will possibly affect your credit rating.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:16 AM   #4
BURMGUY4EVER
You too huh....

A few weeks back I opened a letter from a collection agency for $130.00 dollars from DHL. I called to clear things up and I also had marked "bill to sender" and the sender tells me they paid it 100%, but yet I am getting a bill 8 months later wanting payment for something I have never even heard about until now. It seems like I would have been getting bills for a while, but this is the first thing I have EVER heard about this. I tried to get it cleared up but the people at DHL are so incredibly useless it is not even funny. If you would like a letter of some sort telling my story to help you out in court please just let me know, I would love to get these bastards shut down as well. I have never had any packages come on time(I'm talking 4-5 oclock on "10:00 A.m Guranteed") , and constantly have billing and weight issues. I am assuming I will be next for the court orders because there is no way in hell I will ever give these people another cent of my money!

Good luck . -Jesse Jelinek

Old 02-01-2005, 12:57 AM   #5
WebSlave
I swear if I had to go back to Airborne Express (DHL) right now, I think I would jump off of a bridge. Hiring the handicapped (mentally) is a way of life with them, apparently. I can't understand how incompetence can run so rampant in any company unless it is a problem right at the top. IMHO.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:00 PM   #6
sputnik
Same here

Had the same problem, package delivered late... sent in a claim for a refund because of their " Your money back if not on time next day" I made a copy of the time they listed on their site and got a reply back 5 months later, they said it was delivered and no refund will issued.

They clearly lie. Obviously short on money too I guess.

I have not shipped with them since!

Old 02-01-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
montezuma
Wow...

I knew of issues with them over late arrivals and I personally have had lizard and crickets shipments that look like they had been used as a football but this is the 1st I have heard about billing type issues. I think this thread should be made highly visible site wide for anyone that has received shipments through DHL to make sure they hold onto all documents or prepare to grab ankles!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!