Will you renew your coins? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #21
eldiablokid
Well here's the breakdown
Fauna 0
Craigslist 9
Kingsnake. 11
Wholesaler 10
Local Shows 8
This is animals sold

Old 09-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #22
Utta
So CL gets more animals sold, Time to stop going to shows.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #23
eldiablokid
Rich I thought criticism was allowed in this forum. I am just trying to make a logical business point. No need to threaten me with being banned!

Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #24
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablokid View Post
Rich I thought criticism was allowed in this forum. I am just trying to make a logical business point. No need to threaten me with being banned!
You are much more transparent than you obviously believe.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #25
eldiablokid
Ok I will ask you this Rich what have I posted on this thread that is out of line in this forum that is bothering you. If I have written something that is not allowed please point it out to me and I will retract it with an apology asap! Thanks John

Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #26
JudyC
Quote:
You left out a critical word...constructive criticism. Saying, "I don't like the BOI and therefore it should be shut down" is hardly constructive. Whining about your personal sales records is also not the least bit constructive. No one is twisting your arm to advertise here and whining won't increase your sales potential.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #27
eldiablokid
Judy
Did you read post #21 my sales are fine. The whole point of this thread was simply to point out that I will not send my money to a site that does not produce sales. Just a good business practice.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #28
Clay Davenport
Well first of all, you are not required to be a contributor or pay anything at all to post classifieds here, so your entire argument to that effect is irrelevant.
That being the case it's obvious that it's not just "good business practice" as you say, or else you would have just posted for free since that's an even better business practice.
For that matter if the $25 you paid for those coins is so critical to your "business" that you feel you must recoup it then you might need to start thinking about another business to get into. Oh wait, you've sold 38 animals this year apparently, yeah.... business may be stretching it.

Quote:
Why pay for what I can have for free,like so many other members. If you remember the coins were to offset the cost of keeping the BOI alive. I say let it go and as such will not renew my coins to support it!
This is why your motives behind this thread are transparent. It has nothing to do with a "logical business point" as you put it, since the coins are not required to conduct business here in the first place. It has nothing to do with advertising dollars when ads are free to post.
You obviously don't like the BOI, nor some of the members here, and you would like to see it gone. That is the reason for this thread.

What it boils down to is if you don't like it here, leave. You won't be missed, neither will your $25. No one will even notice you're gone.
But rather than take that route, you decide to post this thread with the thinly veiled bashing of the site while claiming lack of sales is the motive.
Did you actually think anyone would swallow your complaint of paying for something that's free? People with the coins on this site have them because they appreciate the site and believe in what it's here for. You apparently do not share that opinion.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #29
Alex G
You got 3 completely positive trader ratings in the 12 months you've had an account, you must've sold SOMETHING through here. And if craigslist is where you're going to sell your animals and flip other people's I feel bad for your buyers. Not saying everyone who sells through craigslist is bad, just that it attracts the people who don't really know much about the animal they're buying/selling. And since you're so scared of having your "brains kicked in if even the slightest mistake were to happen" I'm willing to bet your husbandry is exactly worthy of cl.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #30
WebSlave
Quote:
Judy
Did you read post #21 my sales are fine. The whole point of this thread was simply to point out that I will not send my money to a site that does not produce sales. Just a good business practice.
Actually, I don't believe that at all. You don't need to pay anything to post classified ads on this site. It is COMPLETELY free. The membership options are contributions to help this site financially, from people who wish for it to still be here tomorrow.

As for traffic, during most parts of any given day, at any given instant, there will be between 400 and 800 people in the classifieds section alone on this site, viewing ads there. And that number is increasing steadily as we are getting approximately 50 new registrations every single day. Last month this site got 3,000,000 page views, which is not at all shabby by any measure.

This site is bringing people to your ads. It is up to you to SELL to those people. I'm sorry that you are not making the sales you wish here, but the only thing that comes to my mind is that perhaps the people here are more knowledgeable and discriminatory, perhaps because of the ready availability of the BOI and are just leery of doing business with YOU. Sorry about that, but it is not mine, nor this site's responsibility to sell your products for you. That is completely up to you. The potential sales are definitely here, if you can take advantage of them.

So with all that in mind, the issue I have with this thread of yours is that it really has nothing at all to do with the paid memberships, as placing ads on this site is not contingent upon any member having to PAY in order to place ads. So therefore, your motive is suspect, and your intentions appear to be to simply stir the pot to create dissent and cause damage on your own way out the door. Otherwise, your statements really serve no other purpose at all. Your paid membership was NOT so you could post classified ads here, so your paying it or not has absolutely no bearing on your ability to do that. If you don't wish to support this site, then that is fine. But don't make up false reasons for it, please.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!