Just what I needed... ANGER - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2004, 06:23 PM   #1
Beyond the Web
Just what I needed... ANGER

Anger, frustration, all of the above and more!!! UPS has screwed me over once again with their lack of professionalism - I made a purchase Monday, shipping was done as overnight for a Wednesday morning arrival by 10:30am.

I waited.

I called at 10:30, "where is my package?" Well, the tracking info said it was IN TRANSIT and on the truck out for delivery.

I waited again.

I called at 12 noon, "where is my package? I called earlier. Are there any delays?"

"No, sir. There were no weather delays at all, it still reads your package is en route."

Well, obviously, I paid OVERNIGHT, so what's the problem?

"Sir, let me send your regional office a memo to label it urgent delivery. Should be there today."

Ok. I wait some more.

2PM --> "Sir, we want to aplogize for the waiting of your overnight package. We are unable to locate where it is, but what we know is it has not been delivered."

Well you're darn right it hasn't been delivered otherwise you wouldn't be calling?!

"We know it will be delivered by the end of the day, however."

I have live reptiles in there, time sensitive materials. What is the point of shipping overnight when the carrier won't consider it a priority? And the worse part is, I can't even do anything about it right now but wait. Someone has it in the truck, but they don't know who. Unbelievable.

OH! And whaddaya know?! They just arrived - it is 3:30PM, that is 5 HOURS LATE!!! Sorry for the complaint here... I just checked them, they are alive indeed. I had the driver stay for me to inspect them in case of the worst case scenario...

Ahh... what a relief. I'll post pix later... for now, how about some more horror shipping stories?