Northern Berks Show today !!!!! READING EXPO CENTER - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
TheVipersHouse
Northern Berks Show today !!!!! READING EXPO CENTER

Well went to the show today and it was as i thought it would be , very spacious , alot of new faces , and at last count before i left was over 1000 in attendence .

for a first show it was what i would say a sucess .
people were browsing and actually spending money , not just window shopping , the venue allows you to be able to drive you car directly into the venue and unload right from your vehicle without being in the weather elements .
This Show has the potential to be one of the east coasts best shows .
when the word is passed around of the sucess of the first show we will see a great increase of vendors . that venue could have housed at least another 200-300 vendors and still had room for all patrons to move around comfortably .

my hats off to Marty after today i think this show will increase to be 1 of the best shows going ..

Old 01-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
mikeyt
I have to agree with Shawn. Also went to the show today and can only say WOW !!!!

Tons of room to move around if you were a vendor or a buyer. Vendor and buyer turnout was good, lots of new faces and people were spending. I talked to several vendors who were very pleased and satisfied at the end of the day.

I am still disappointed in the amount of vendors that supported Marty while at the Hamburg location for many years and didnt step up to the plate to support this new endeavor. I hope thru talking to other vendors they come to realize what they missed out on, and what they could become a big part of in the future.

This was a kick*** show for a first show, and hats off to Marty for pulling it together. Look forward to making this my new favorite show

Old 01-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
eagles20jon
I loved the show it has a great start and there is more venders that are no longer doing hamburg due to the crowded nature of it. The show is in good hands great job shawn this show will take over the super show market. this is much better than carlisle and hamburg put together due to the space the condition it is in the potential that it has is the sky. Keep this show its the nicest so far!!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
TheVipersHouse
Well when i was saying it could house another 200-300 vendors and still have room for patrons , i was under emphisizing , now that i have unwound from the show and got animals settled in .

im sure that place could easily sit 1000 vendors and still have room to move freely around walkways and tables .

What made me happiest about the show is that it accomodates the people in wheelchairs and if anyone uses a crutch or cane .

its truly got the potential to be the best .
all the vendors i spoke with loved the fact they could drive right up to their tables and unload and then when done drive out and park in the lot .
not to mention no more lines outside like hamburg or limited parking area , this place has 4 huge sections of parking lots .

and all the vendors that supported Marty at Hamburg ,their reasons for not coming this time are political . but guaranteed they will very soon be coming over ..

of corse like anything new its gonna take a little time to get better organized ( which Marty did a dam good job organizing it like he did ) , but to get it fine tuned to where it runs very smooth ..

Im very impressed with Marty and how he set this up and i will be there every show one way or the other to help keep support coming in , i want to see the Reading Expo show explode ..i said it a few times and ill say it again
This show is gonna kick alot of ass when its fully up and running .

CONGRATS MARTY !!!!!!!!!! job well done ....

Old 01-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
dragonlvr64
LOL! Guess I am a bit late to this thread, I posted in the other thread.
Can't wait for the next show. I am excited.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
One word...AWESOME!

I haven't went to a show since the change of promoters with Carlisle and was super excited to see how this show would turn out. I couldn't be happier and the vendors I spoke with were just as tickled as I was! I've got plans to vend these new super expos this summer...No more wasting time and money at the rinky-dink shows!

As far the missing Hamburg vendors...Buck up! Don't miss a superb opportunity to get yourself and your animals out to the masses!