Wanted LF Abronia spp. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Other Lizards

Notices

Old 10-19-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
awhit
LF Abronia spp.

Looking to get into keeping some Abronia, specifically starting out with graminea, but interested in pretty much all Abronia species since they are all stunning and from what I have researched relatively the same care requirements.

I also love plant mimics so if anyone knows of some lizard species that mimic bark, moss, or leaves, feel free to suggest some!

Currently keeping 2 leachies and a handful of chahoua.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #2
BS106239
LF Abronia spp.

Join Abronia Alliance on Instagram. Be careful because many are illegally smuggled, especially if they came from a “breeder” in CA. 90% of the time, wild caught ones will not live beyond the first year of being displaced from their natural habitat. They will slowly deteriorate over several months. Truly CBB F2 and beyond are very hardy, but very rarely will you find an actual F2 or F3 CBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-24-2021, 09:19 AM   #3
dieselfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS106239 View Post
Join Abronia Alliance on Instagram. Be careful because many are illegally smuggled, especially if they came from a “breeder” in CA. 90% of the time, wild caught ones will not live beyond the first year of being displaced from their natural habitat. They will slowly deteriorate over several months. Truly CBB F2 and beyond are very hardy, but very rarely will you find an actual F2 or F3 CBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is 100% BS. Most of the original WC Abornia that were imported legally back in the early to mid 2000’s did fine in captivity and were breeding within a year or two. Also there are a dozen or so Abronia breeders in SoCal alone. Saying that 90% of abronia from Cali are smuggled is not only untrue, it’s also insulting and casts a shadow on the folks who are dedicated to keeping and breeding the genus that live in that area. There are plenty of F3 and F4 abronia around if you know where to look. I literally saw a guy at a show in Atlanta last year that had 2 screen cages full of CBB graminea and mixteca hatchlings and he couldn’t give them away at $180/each! There is a large, well known pet shop in Florida that also breeds abronia on a commercial scale.(Lol just saying) IMO I would say that the more rare a sub species is the more likely it’s origin is questionable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
abronia, abronia graminea, abronia lizard, abronia lythro vasco uscb