R.I.P Chuck Kimmel (critical bill) :( - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
Helenthereef
I didn't know him, but I'd always check a thread that I saw his name in because I knew it would be usually informative, sometimes offensive, and always entertaining.

Even bans couldn't keep him away in spirit - viz the "Appreciation Thread" started in his last absence, before he was sick.

He will be surely missed.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
KelliH
My thoughts and prayers are with Chuck's family and loved ones. Chuck made an impression on so many of us on Fauna for so many years, and he will not be forgotten. My heart goes out to his wife and children. I am so sorry.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
Gary O
Chuck was one of them people that you were drawn too. He never caused drama he was quick to defend people. He always stood tall for what he believed in. He never backed down. More people should be like Chuck. More people here should follow the lead of him.

I know he gave mods fits.... I know that Rich never wanted to ban him when he did. He fought tooth and nail for what he believed in.

This place lost a good one. Shoot the world did. If you look over Chuck's posts he never was about him. Never.....

Chuck Keep a seat open for me brother.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #14
HowlinGaleDragons

RIP Chuck we will all miss you

Old 03-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
The BoidSmith
My deep sympathies to Chuck's family.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
RIP, Chuck...you made one hell of an impact here, and you'll be missed by many.
Well said. RIP Chuck. A true gentleman and one who never backed down. You will be dearly missed.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #17
rosebud945
Chuck and I never exchanged many words, but I read him and I know he must have read me. I never personally felt his bad side, and I consider that a complement.

I hope yall don't mind, but I would like to post my favorite Chuck Kimmel post, again, because it was so obviously heart felt and it really touched me.

from Beware: Chuck Kimmel, Critterkeeper & Critical Bill January 9, 2010
Quote:
Since moving down here to Florida I haven't kept any critters, everything I had back in PA was given to a family that showed great interest in my turtles and frogs and such. Once I got down here I was so glad that I made that decision because there was so much unpacking to do. I'm still not completely unpacked.

Quite honestly I'm not over the shock and awe of having so many critters just naturally around me all the time. Seems sort of pointless to start a new collection up again when all I have to do is walk out my front door at any time of the day or night to appreciate naturally what would take an absorbent amount of my time caring for in captivity.

I'll probably never keep any critters again, maybe perhaps if the kids catch the herp bug and ask me to set up a small enclosure or something. But they seem pretty content right now to watch the snakes and lizards and frogs and turtles do their thing right around our house.

More importantly, being around such a diverse amount of wildlife in their natural settings has me a bit conflicted in what I've been hearing people say is their natural RIGHT to keep whatever they want. I'm sort of with the feeling that its not actually a right but rather an extreme privilege and a heavy responsibility that a lot of folks are not aware of or ready for.

I'm having fun experiencing and enjoying herps from a different angle. I do know I place more value on an anole than a sellers asking price of a dollar or two. They are incredible creatures to watch running around my lanai while I'm floating in the pool sipping a gin & tonic.
Rest in peace, Chuck, from a silent fan.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #18
scaledverts
Chuck -

Your colorful and entertaining commentary will be missed. My prayers go out to Chuck's family and loved ones.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #19
chamgirl99471
Must add my condolences to Chuck's Family!! Even though we never spoke I read just about every one of his posts... always waiting for the entertainment!! He will be dearly missed by many!!

RIP Chuck I'm sure you'll Keep them busy up there

Old 03-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #20
crotalusadamanteus
I regret not getting to know him better. I've admired him for who he is since reading his first post, even if I didn't agree with his "wording" at times.

I genuinely liked you Chuck, and I don't say that about many. I'm gonna really miss having you around here.

Until we meet again my friend.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!