Snake eggs ??'s - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:37 PM   #1
Scochoman
Question Snake eggs ??'s

My Jalisco Milk laid 10 eggs after a day or two they were showing signs of dehydration. I candeled them thinking they were no good but I could see veins. I have since then rehydrated them (most of them except a couple on the top of the pile) but they have developed dark spots on the shell. I candeled them last night and could still see veins but they weren't as transparent as before. Does this sound normal or did I lose them to dehydration? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
Scott Vernooy

Old 07-08-2004, 08:41 PM   #2
Scochoman
Pic

Here is a pic of one of the eggs.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2004, 10:42 AM   #3
Hognose_311
I've never had a milksnake, but it looks like you MIGHT still have a few left, but it does look like you lost a few.

Old 07-10-2004, 02:04 PM   #4
Scochoman
I know the few on top are no good. But I was just wondering about the dark spots on the eggs that still look good.

Thanx
Scott Vernooy

Old 07-10-2004, 04:41 PM   #5
Hognose_311
I would think that the spots would be signs of rot if they werent there earlier. I would keep them for a while and see if they wind up like the other ones.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:23 PM   #6
screamdreams
Any news Scott??? How are they looking as of late???

Old 07-25-2004, 02:12 PM   #7
Scochoman
It has been 35 days since they were laid and they are rehydrated, at least 5 are. They are looking good a couple still have a dark spot or two but not as bad as they were. The spots are kind of fading now. I have candeled them and have seen veins so I am just going to keep incubating and hope for the best. If 1 hatches I will be happy though.

Thanx
Scott

Old 07-27-2004, 01:51 PM   #8
Hognose_311
I was reading a book that said that even if they appear deceased, they could just be unhealthy, but wahtever's wrong with them, if it is corrected they will regain shape and color.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!