Help, bull snake eggs! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #1
rattyrugrats
Help, bull snake eggs!

About a week or two ago, I found a bull snake and monday morning it laid 22 eggs. I have never cared for snake eggs before so I have no clue as to how to care for them. I called a pet store and they told me a little about how to care for them, but I would still like more info, so if you could help in any way, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, is it natural for the eggs to dent slightly? I'm worried... If it's not, how do I prevent this and care for those in which it has already occurred? Thanks for any and all advice!

Old 07-16-2005, 07:44 PM   #2
gila7150
Get some Vermiculite or Perlite to use as an incubation medium. Use a plastic container with only a couple small holes to keep the humidity. Mix your Vermiculite or Perlite w/ water. (use a 1:1 ratio of vermiculte to water by weight. Place the eggs in the substrate and keep them in the same position you found them in (don't turn the eggs). Incubate them at around 78-80 degrees and you should have babies in approximately 65-70 days.

The denting is probably due to the eggs drying out a bit. As long as you catch it early and correct the humidity they will probably be ok.
Good luck,
Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!