She tried to pull a fast one on me..... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #11
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Reptiles View Post
Very nice!!! They all look great to me. Candle the egg in a couple of days and you'll see tons of veins!! Congrats!!
Well, it took about 10 days, but unfortunately the suspect egg finally started to go bad. Never did develop blood vessels. Oh well, better than a good egg going bad, right?

Since it took so long for it to go bad, I had to deal with removing it from the bunch, and it was stuck real good to three other eggs. I wanted to avoid having to drain the contents and cut away the leftover shell (yuck), so I tried something different (dunno if it's ever been done before).
I used some unflavored dental floss, slowly working it back and forth at the surfaces where it was glued to the other eggs. Took about 10 minutes for the whole process, but it worked! No breaches in any of the eggs involved.

I'm wondering if using waxed floss would have been an easier way to go .

Old 05-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Jonas@Balls2TheWall
Sweet!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
FireStorm
Cool, thanks for the pointer on egg removal, and congrats on the awesome clutch!

Old 06-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #14
TheFragginDragon
Well, Juliet's babies have all hatched. Bad news first, one expired inside the egg, it was a near fully formed normal. I supposed I have to remember that these things do happen from time to time (a first for me in seven years), but it still sucks nonetheless.

Good news - out of the remaining eight eggs, there were (can you believe it) seven pins and one normal. I calculated the probability of that happening to 8.9%. I see at least one keeper in there too. Heck, even the normal has got one heck of a dark back to it.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Double B Reptiles
Those are some killer odds there! Congrats John!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
Matt2979
YES! Congrats, my friend!! Gorgeous babies!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
juliet, python, separate, stuck