Incubator DIES...UPDATE:ALL ARE OUT AND HEALTHY!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
JustChad04
Yeah Think I am going to leave them alone, at least for another full day. If the eggs were stressed from the temp drop and rise I dont want to add complications. Yet at the same time if there is a possibility that they will not make it because of that I dont want to wait too long. I will continue to candle them and If it looks like things start to go sour I will cut.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
JustChad04
NEED ADVICE QUICK!

THE INCUBATOR DIED AGAIN!

This morning it was at 89.3 deg after running all night. I put them in at midnight last night to make sure it would sustain on its own and just incase id didnt the heat would hold til 6 am when I checked again. So this morning when it was still working I left for work with a good feeling in my mind.

Got home from work, Temps read 76 degrees!

I cut the eggs to make sure they were alive and to help heat them up a little quicker with ambient temperature in the room (my house heat is now at 82 degrees, but its worth it).

3 out of the 4 moved (phew). One has not ().

Any advice for the one that has not moved yet? right now they all are back in their box sealed on the FB rack getting heat like yesterday. I am leaving them alone for one hour and rechecking to see if the one has moved its position.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Oh, and for those curious,

1 what looks normal
1 lemon pastel and still possibly a twin with it(looks like 2 different colors in there)
1 Pastel Pied!!! (YES! and he/she moved a lot so good sign)
1 im 80% sure is SUPER PASTEL PIED! (but this is the one not moving. AAAAAAH)

Thanks

Old 05-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #13
JustChad04
Also, has anyone ever heard of hatchlings dying or having health issues from drastic temperature fluxuiation like in this situation?

Old 05-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #14
GREGORY J HALL
I think they are fine I just dont like to cut,keep them in the rack & keep them warm if they come out on thier own they will be ok stop messing with them lol, patience my friend

Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
JustChad04
Thanks Greg! I didnt want to open them either but when I took them out they were cold, and with candling not moving. Panic mode set in lol.

Gunna check in 30 mins and pretty much leave them be after that. Just want to check the one that didnt move

Old 05-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #16
Double B Reptiles
Man, that sounds like a wild experience. Good knowledge to pass on though for sure! Please update on the possible super pastel pied!!! hope all goes well chad!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
JustChad04
Thanks Brendan. What an experience this has been. This is my first clutch too, nerve racking!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
gsrept
thats why i like larger bators that way you can keep bottles in there for thermal mass if bator dies holds heat longer.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #19
JustChad04
ALL ARE MOVING!

Checked the eggs again, and all are moving \o.o/

all 4 are in different positions, and moved when i checked them. currently got them up to 81 degrees and slowly climbing that temperature as time goes. Managed to snap a few pics as well =D

For now, going to leave them alone until 6 am.

Let me know what you think!

all eggs opened

Egg #4: Normal maybe blonde?

Egg #2: the possible twins, cant find any heads but 4 coils visible. Definite Pastel

Egg #3: Pastel Pied? Very bright orange/yellow on its tail, kinda hard to see in this picture though, can see its head though

Egg #1: The possible Killer Pied! Look at the color difference from egg #3!!!! And it looks to be a med/high white! In this fram cant see much of the white break up, but its there!

What odds!!!!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
R. Eventide
Why in the world is "cutting" people's first response to something like this?! Especially if they're only on day 50 or 51!! >.< What does cutting have to do with the problem at hand (other than having a good chance of further complicating the situation)?! *sigh*

You don't want them to warm back up too fast! The low temperature probably has a much less chance of hurting them than a rapid temperature change. Looks like the rack idea was working just fine, so keep doing that!

I agree with Craig: next time, put water bottles in the incubator. If something goes wrong, they will keep the temps from wild fluctuations.

EDIT: I'm glad they're still moving and seem to be okay so far!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!