Mite spray - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
Randy F
thats not what I would do. I offered to talk to you on the phone but you did not call so the quick steps

1. treat the snake (natural chemistry) make sure it do it the correct way or its no good
2. treat the tub (provent-a-mite) paper towes and no water for atleast 24 hours
3. treat bedding (rid or walgreens) and switch after no visible mites for 3 days
4. repeat in two weeks
5. repeat in four weeks

Old 06-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #12
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
thats not what I would do. I offered to talk to you on the phone but you did not call so the quick steps

1. treat the snake (natural chemistry) make sure it do it the correct way or its no good
3. treat bedding (rid or walgreens) and switch after no visible mites for 3 days
4. repeat in two weeks
5. repeat in four weeks
Not even a thank you to the great advice? This was really nice of you Randy! This is why I'm about done "offering advice."

What's the difference? People ask for opinions.. WHY? You're just gonna go on and do what you think is best!

What one really needs to do.... Is think about why and how they get Mites in the first place.... When ya figure that out, ya never see em again! Think about it.. Suddenly paying $50 extra or more from a known good dealer seems worth it !

Old 06-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #13
KKtheRipper
I did says thanks guys for the advice but an advice is just that, an advice, and I got plenty of them. I went with the one that I thought was better. And no offense I usually don't call people that I don't know over the phone.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #14
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKtheRipper View Post
I did says thanks guys for the advice but an advice is just that, an advice, and I got plenty of them. I went with the one that I thought was better. And no offense I usually don't call people that I don't know over the phone.
No worries. That's all you can do is go with what you think is the best advice. Its fine that you don't call, I am not a stalked from across the country I just honestly do not want to type for an hour explaining something that would take me five minutes to say. I hope the advice you got works for you. If not you can try my method, it has worked for quite a few people I have given it to. If you need we have a mutual friend that can call me then he can call you if the method does not work. Good luck

Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #15
KKtheRipper
Lol I know your not a stalker and I respect the advice you have given me. If this does not work, then I will turn to prevent a mite. Thanks!

Old 06-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #16
Driller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post

4. repeat in two weeks
5. repeat in four weeks
This is the only method I have found that works. PAM is some wonderful stuff and worth every penny. I treat once a month with it now and stay mite free. Also doesn't hurt to treat a snake with some reptile relief (natural chemistry) when you get a new one home from the show or out of the box it was shipped in.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
Double B Reptiles
Quote:
Where can I get black knight mite spray? I tried everything already to rid these evil parasites and nothing is working...please help.
Kristina, shoot Randy a call or PM back. He and I were PMing about a bunch of stuff, and he brought up the thread. He is down to help you out and get you going in the right direction!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
KKtheRipper
Hi Brandon,

I just got done with the nix treatment yesterday and all the mites are dead. I will continue to treat every week twice more to make sure. I also took randy's advice and bought pam. I sprayed that everywhere and the snakes seem a lot better now so no need to call. Thanks guys!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
Double B Reptiles
Quote:
Hi Brandon,

I just got done with the nix treatment yesterday and all the mites are dead. I will continue to treat every week twice more to make sure. I also took randy's advice and bought pam. I sprayed that everywhere and the snakes seem a lot better now so no need to call. Thanks guys!
Ok, awesome, he was just concerned about the situation, and after he told me, I wanted to make sure everything went ok. Glad to hear it got rid of the problem!!! Take care. Talk soon.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #20
KKtheRipper
Thank you and tell him thank you too, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!