Did you know you can get Emu eggs in the mail?!? LOL! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #21
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I did it~ I just bought an emu egg on ebay........
Should come in next week~ I paid the $12.95 shipping~ but it says the seller is in Alabama so I may ask his location and see if it would be reasonable for me to go pick it up.

I don't know if I can hatch it.....
But I couldn't help myself~ I tried but I couldn't. I bought the emu egg! LOL!

Old 12-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #22
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I did it~ I just bought an emu egg on ebay........
Should come in next week~ I paid the $12.95 shipping~ but it says the seller is in Alabama so I may ask his location and see if it would be reasonable for me to go pick it up.

I don't know if I can hatch it.....
But I couldn't help myself~ I tried but I couldn't. I bought the emu egg! LOL!

LMAO Cheryl

Well this should be an interesting thread to keep watching on... an emu egg.... AHAHAHA!

Good luck with it in any case... otherwise, that'll be a pretty big ole omlette youve got there!

Old 12-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #23
Cat_72
OMG Cheryl, that's just TOO funny.

I expect pics.....LOL.

If it won't be arriving til next week....is it an egg that was already laid before the auction started?

Old 12-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #24
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
The auction says he is preselling them for eggs that will be laid next week
said he got tired of running one day auctions and having people not pay for the eggs~ so he is preselling for eggs that are to be laid. He had good feedback~ and it sounded like the egg would be fresh.........

and I really tried not to do it........
I really tried.....
BUT IT JUST SOUNDS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #26
Cat_72
LOL, it should be fun if nothing else!

I had just gotten to thinking about the freshness of the egg, I would never hold them over a week before setting in the incubator, usually I cycled my new eggs in every 5 days.

What type of incubator are you using? Just curious, as this is one kind of egg I've never had the opportunity to hatch!

Old 12-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #27
ravensgait
LMAO well if anyone ask why, you can tell them your hatchling T Rex only eats Chicks!!!

Yeah would like to see hatchling pics myself...Randy

Old 12-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #28
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
gonna use one of the hovabators~ I've got two. Got Turkey eggs in one now~ gonna use the other for the emu egg~ supposed to be 97.5F for 55 days~ 1/4 turn every 6 hours (but it will probably get a 1/4 turn every 8 like the turkey eggs are getting). I figure I should still be done with both bators before the snakes lay any eggs~ and if I get too much into this whole hatching egg thing.......I do still have the ice chest incubator I made and the soda fridge one I'm making now...........

Old 12-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #29
Cat_72
Are you sure it will fit into the Hovabator??

I would be concerned that with an egg that size, the heat would be uneven with the heat element at the top, if it does fit....LOL.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #30
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
hhhhmmmm....I had not thought of that~
Guess I could plug in the ice chest incubator~ it will certainly be tall enough and the heat comes from the bottom........
I'm sure I won't need it in the next two months for snake eggs.......
Yep~ thats what I'll do!

I figure there is very little chance that I'll actually succeed in hatching it~ I know my family is hoping I won't ~ When I told them they all just stared at me! LOL! It will be so cool if I can though~ and I figure the $30 (with shipping) I spent on it is worth the novelty of trying!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!