Obama and the attempt to destroy the Second Amendment - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #21
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
Irrelevant? So it's okay to support the consitution where it says you get guns.. but not okay to support the freedom of religion? If the candidate wants a christian-only country, they could just as easily try to regulate everyone to be christian, as they can overturn the 2nd amendment.
No one should try to tell the american people who they should or should not worship! Seperation of church and state.

I never said freedom of religion wasn't okay. I'm all for you worshipping the dirt at your feet if it moves you to do so, as long as you aren't knocking on my door telling my why I should feel the same way. I was speaking in response to the email posted earlier where someone was complaining that Obama made a comment that we were no longer a Christian-only country.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:15 AM   #22
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
Seperation of church and state.

The most misused phrase in the whole "freedon of religion" argument! Not saying YOU don't, but MOST don't even know where that phrase comes from....any guesses? Anyone?

Old 10-24-2008, 03:21 AM   #23
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Hey, isn't Obama like a senator or something in Illinios? Hasn't he supported lots of, umm, anti-gun legislation there? Hey, isn't the crime rate really high there? Too bad more of the law abiding citizens don't have guns to protect themselves....just the criminals. I apologize for that display of gun violence we have just seen here.

(This post was in response to the anti-gun demonstrators in the photo above)

Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #24
crotalusadamanteus
Obama is not the answer by any means. He is not in it for the entire country, but select "groups of people" in the country. He made that clear in the beginning by "calling on the minorities" for their support.

As a result, a whole lot of LEGAL immigrants, who saw no reason to vote before, are now deciding to register, and vote for this dirt bag. Here in my home county, several thousand minority citizens, who have HAD the right to vote, but never have before, decide now's the time. (where were they at census time?) They are predicting as many as 25,000 new voters this year. In one county, in one state. How many other states in the US are feeling this too?

As for gun control, sorry, but they gotta TAKE mine from me.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:52 AM   #25
crotalusadamanteus
Personally, I say if the citizens were to shoot back at these gang members pulling their acts of terrorism on US streets, then there would be a whole lot less of it.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #26
Art Klass
I am very concerned about the upcoming elections. I do not believe Obama to have Americas best interest in mind. I really don't understand how he can have as much support as he does. I am hoping that many Obama supporters just jumped on the "cool" wagon but when they are actually in the booth they mash the "left" button.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #27
Junkyard
I have typed out about 10 different responses now, I am so frustrated, all I can say is America has problems.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #28
varnyard
Lock up the thugs and throw away the key. They let them run the streets and let them out of jail time after time, they teach the children to do the same time after time, that has nothing all to do with guns, but in fact the people behind them. These people need to teach their children respect, but instead they let them run the house and run the streets even as young as seven years old.

So guns are the problem? I think not, I also find it quite silly to even see it in that light. Guns protect us from the likes of the trash that run the streets, without them we would be preyed upon by this trash.

I find the picture above funny at best, so it is guns that cause the crime? How silly is that?

Like this trash is not going to use any other weapon? Gas, fire, bricks, rocks, steel pipes, bats, cars, chains or even bare hands. I guess we need to ban all of them as well? Yes too damn silly.

It is guns that protect us from this trash, without them you will become the prey. There will not be anything that will keep them out of your house if they know you can not protect yourself. JMHO

Old 10-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #29
Shadera
Gun laws just keep law-abiding citizens from getting guns. The bad guys will continue to get guns the same way they do 99.9% of the time, illegally. It's not usually Joe Blow who goes into a licensed gun shop and buys a gun legally that goes out and commits the crime. It's the jerk who buys one with the ID filed off outta the trunk of a car in a walmart parking lot that we should be concerned about. There are reports every single day where someone properly trained, and with a concealed carry permit stopped a crime from happening, or from going further than it did. Think of those heinous crimes that could have been stopped or at the very least lessened if one of the good guys had had a gun.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #30
Wolfy-hound
The problem comes when the reports of legitimate use of guns to PREVENT crime do not get any publication. Reports of people killing innocents with guns get a headline, a kid accidentally shoots someone gets a headline... a woman shoots a would-be mugger with a knife... nothing.. not even a mention usually.
Guns are a tool. Nothing more. Might as well outlaw cars since people drive drunk. Outlaw steak knives, since those are used in domestic disputes...
If the american people were not such SHEEP, they would look into things themselves, rather than parroting the media's favorite Evil Thing, whether it is guns, video games, or peanut butter. SHEEP want to be safe from anything scary, and they don't think about that fact that the shepard needs a staff to beat off wolves, they just see the big scary stick.
We should all eat more mutton, and I should never post when I'm hungry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!