Gulf of Mexico oil geyser - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #21
Southern Wolf
anyone see a possible repeat of history

Quote:
2. Ixtoc 1 Oil Spill - June 3, 1979 - March 23, 1980
Amount of Oil Spilled: 140 million gallons
This oil spill didn't involve a tanker, but rather an offshore oil well. Pemex, a state-owned Mexican petroleum company was drilling an oil well when a blowout occurred. The oil ignited causing the drilling rig to collapse. Oil began gushing out of the well into the Gulf of Mexico at a rate of 10,000 to 30,000 barrels a day for almost an entire year beforeworkers were finally able to cap the well and stop the leak.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #22
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
Maybe this is why you can't find much on the oil Spill.

BP buys Google, Yahoo search words:Is it to keep people from real news on Gulf oil spill disaster?
http://www.examiner.com/x-33986-Poli...il-spill-disas
That's some pretty scary stuff.

Anyone have info on the groups that are helping the animals get cleaned up? I cannot make it down there personally to volunteer, but would like to donate to the cause.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #23
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
That's some pretty scary stuff.

Anyone have info on the groups that are helping the animals get cleaned up? I cannot make it down there personally to volunteer, but would like to donate to the cause.

I'm not sure if they are allowing outside volunteers and I would be careful on whom you send donations too.

Here's another interesting video.

Something else I came across, go to the link for more info http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

The earth’s crust on land is normally 50 miles thick. You’d have to go down 50 miles before the edge of the fire. But in parts of the ocean floor, the earth’s crust is less than a mile thick.

Scientists recently discovered cracks on the ocean floor where fire was leaking out. Do you know what they found around these fire-breathing vents in the crust? Eight-foot long worms, found no other place in the world! The book, The Deep Sea, by Joseph Wallace (p.39), reads, "Perhaps the strangest of ocean creatures recently discovered are Riftia, the giant tube WORMS. Measuring up to 8 feet in length, the worms are ONLY FOUND NEAR DEEP SEA VENTS."

And Jesus Christ said, "Where THEIR WORM dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:54 AM   #24
WebSlave
Here's another interesting video along the same lines...

I would have to say here that volcanos under the sea are really nothing new to the Earth, so I'm not really sure why this one would be any different and why some people would think that if it IS actually a volcano, that this is some sort of doomsday event taking place.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #25
SERPENTS DEN
It may not be a doomsday event in itself but it can very well change our way of life depending how this is handled. As it looks now things aren't looking at all positive.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #26
SERPENTS DEN
Kevin Costner's anti-oil machines to be deployed

Jay Vise Reporting

BP has given the green light for funding of a device that can separate oil from water.

Development of the machine, which uses a centrifuge to separate the fluids, has been backed by actor Kevin Costner to the tune of $25 million.

John Houghtaling, Costner's chief partner in the project, told WWL First News that the oil company has ordered 32 of the devices for use in the Gulf of Mexico.

"In a matter of weeks, we can be manufacturing ten of these a week," Houghtaling said. "So we're hoping by the first of August to have all 32 of these things in the Gulf."

According to Houtaling, the machines cost roughly half a million dollars to build, but also require the hiring of vessels to take them out onto the water.

Though the world-famous actor and Houtaling are both pleased that BP has now agreed to deploy the devices, Costner told members of Congress earlier this week. that he'd had a hard time getting an opportunity to try out his centrifuge for the Coast Guard.

"We would offer to take our machines out there but we couldn't get onto the spots because the Coast Guard would regulate that we couldn't get there," Costner testified.

Houghtaling said that in addition to providing clean-up duty in the gulf, deployment of even more of the devices could aid in shortening the six-month moratorium on deep-water drilling.

He said that he'd like to see the government use the machines as a safety measure to keep the deep-water drilling rigs in operation as safety procedures are reviewed.

"By the end of August...our company can have thirty-three of the machines around the rigs. If there's a spill, we can deploy," Houtaling said.

Meanwhile Costner's company is moving toward leasing 16 more oil sucking and separating machines to Plaquemines Parish officials directly. They say if BP won't pay for that, they may sell the oil local officials pull from the water and fund the machines that way.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #27
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I would have to say here that volcanos under the sea are really nothing new to the Earth, so I'm not really sure why this one would be any different and why some people would think that if it IS actually a volcano, that this is some sort of doomsday event taking place.
Curiously, there is some history to support this hypothesis of a volcano caused by manmade drilling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidoarjo_mud_flow

Old 06-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #28
WebSlave
Here's a pic of that mud volcano mentioned above...
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #29
SERPENTS DEN

Old 06-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #30
SERPENTS DEN

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!