Photo Competition - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #21
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
LOL.. I LOVE the dragon statue!!!
me too! I collect those Pena statues but only have a few of them, I have that exact dragon one though. Never thought of using them for photos.. what a good idea!

there are some stunning photos posted so far!

Old 08-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #22
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
me too! I collect those Pena statues but only have a few of them, I have that exact dragon one though. Never thought of using them for photos.. what a good idea!

there are some stunning photos posted so far!
If you've got the brown old warrior, you better hang onto him. They're exceedingly rare with less than 50 made I think and none were in brick and mortar stores- the last one I saw up for sale went for a grand.

Windstones are one of my other addictions. Darn Melody keeps coming out with more and more beautiful colors and I can't help myself. The newest production color is Amethyst. -swoon- Can't wait for the OW (my fave sculpt) in that color!

Old 08-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #23
SERPENTS DEN
Nice pics Brandi, it's been a long time since I've seen a wild Bald Eagle but I did get to see a Florida Panther in Orlando on the side of a road I was walking up. Where did you find Boo Boo?

Old 08-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #24
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
Nice pics Brandi, it's been a long time since I've seen a wild Bald Eagle but I did get to see a Florida Panther in Orlando on the side of a road I was walking up. Where did you find Boo Boo?
wow.. a panther would be an amazing sight!!!!

"boo boo" (I seriously just typed boob oo at first.. lol I am tired) was in South Dakota

Old 08-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #25
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
no no.. they are super cute!!!

yeah.. "smiling".. that's totally the first thought that jumps into my head when seeing this.. LOL

Great photo!!!
Yes they are but to noisy for me and thanks for the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post
Amazing photo!

Thanks Ryan

Quote:
wow.. a panther would be an amazing sight!!!!

"boo boo" (I seriously just typed boob oo at first.. lol I am tired) was in South Dakota

I seen it back when Wayne Hill hosted his Expo in Orlando back in the day walking up that long road to Epcot Center or Universal Studios whatever but on my way in I saw it and walking back I was looking to see if it was still laying in the grass and didn't see it. I noticed a car approaching up the road and from the opposite side of the road it ran across the street with a rabbit in it's mouth. The cat was looking at the car but didn't notice me. It then started walking towards the woods and I was so amazed I followed it until it turned, looked at me and ran off.
I wish I had a camera with me.

Go get some nap time.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #26
deborahbroadus
Quote:
You're not allowed Deb, those Conures are to cute.
GASP!! BITE your tongue. Shrek (the Caique) would be mortified to be mistaken for a lowly Conure.

Miss Piggy is the Conure.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #27
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Cheeehssss

Argentine x Suriname smiling.
Ok... you win. I cant compete with that.... WOW!!!!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #28
Jadenkisses
Here are some of my personal favorites... (sorry, I couldn't pick just one!)

D. auratus Blue & Black

Green Bottle Blue

Baby Versicolor

Singapore Blue

Me in Kodiak, Alaska (I have more landscape and wildlife pictures, but I cant find them right now!)

Hope you enjoyed them!!

Old 08-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #29
hhmoore
I don't have access to anything except what I have on photobucket right now...that could be a good thing, since I'd have trouble deciding what to post. Here are a few that I like for various reasons, despite the fact that I can already see things I should have done differently. (I almost stepped on the baby bunny as I turned away from a failed attempt at a dragonfly shot - still had the macro lens on, and didn't think I'd have time to mess with settings. A few others could have benefited from some setting adjustment as well. I'm still learning that stuff, but I'll get the hang of it eventually)

These two aren't very good pictures - I was playing with depth of field, and kind of liked the effect (especially the bullsnake)

Old 08-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #30
deborahbroadus
I am in the presence of some amazing photographers!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!