What are your 'other' hobbies? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #51
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
But something is really wrong when you go from playing along with the entire Randy Rhodes tribute album to barely being able to keep up with Nirvana.....

Old 03-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #52
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalinoisK9 View Post

Wow, your hobby is getting attacked by a dog.... WTF....

Old 03-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #53
MalinoisK9
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Wow, your hobby is getting attacked by a dog.... WTF....
Haha yea... it's some good fun. It's better since I do both decoying and handling. That way I get to unleash my own on the other decoys too

That and it's a good way to hang out with your friends.

And a quick pic to show the lighter side them

Old 03-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #54
Matt2979
Sheldon, I have to admit that I think you're crazy, too. My reasoning has nothing to do with the fact that you're being attacked by dogs. That part looks pretty cool (lol...as long as you have on the gear!), but the "crazy part" is that you're wearing full gear in warm weather and shorts in the snow!!!!

LOL...but seriously, awesome looking dogs there!!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #55
MalinoisK9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Sheldon, I have to admit that I think you're crazy, too. My reasoning has nothing to do with the fact that you're being attacked by dogs. That part looks pretty cool (lol...as long as you have on the gear!), but the "crazy part" is that you're wearing full gear in warm weather and shorts in the snow!!!!

LOL...but seriously, awesome looking dogs there!!
Haha yea it must be that Michigan blood in me. I actually wore shorts today and it was 18F when I left the house this morning. If it is a sunny day I just want to pretend it's summer I guess.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #56
AbsoluteApril
bringing this thread back up...

I started drawing again after 10 year hiatus and wanted to show off, I mean, share, yes share. It's sort of snake related...

Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #57
snowgyre
April, that's awesome! I tried drawing people and, ironically, I can only get the hands right. I can't draw faces at all.

I've got several hobbies myself, although they're all outdoor related. I assist with a couple bird banding stations in Georgia which is a lot of fun, plus it's For Science! (Kudos to those who get the reference.)

This past weekend I was down at Jekyll Island, helping with the migration station they've got there. It was awesome, because I got to get my hands on one of these guys. Yes, those are my fingers.

Any of you bird nuts know what it is? Hint: It's endemic (meaning occurs nowhere else in the world) to the coast of the southeastern United States and has been suffering declines due to habitat loss and, believe it or not, pet trade poaching.

We had a respectable number of species this past weekend at Jekyll. A highlight was 8 Peregrine Falcons chasing each other overhead. Amazing sight! Here's me with a male American redstart. And yes, I wear a funny hat. It's waterproof and keeps the Georgia sun off me and I lurv it even though it's goofy! :-)

Here's me with a rather irate female blue grosbeak at the banding station at Panola State Park in central Georgia. This isn't a migration-only station, so we catch birds here year-round. It's neat to see the various species come and go.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #58
Shadera
*spaz* Painted Bunting? SO pretty, and I'm SO jealous.
And heehee, little bird bites are funny. I had a gouldian once who thought she was incredibly ferocious and would get the webbing between the fingers as I was trimming her nails.

Nice drawing April!

Old 10-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #59
charleshanklin
I'm into random cuddling.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #60
snowgyre
Love it, Charles! I had no idea I was going to be in Georgia for this long or I would've applied three years ago for the draw-only alligator hunt. It's been one of my dreams to go gator hunting!

Just out of curiosity, what do you do with the hide? Can you sell it or do you keep it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!