Name your poison.... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #31
LauraB
I smoke ... cigarettes are poison enough that I don't have any other real "addictions". I do like a nice Jameson's to meld wicked day to mellow night, but it's not something I can't live without. Don't do much snacking either.

I do love some good hot wings - I could eat those a couple times a week. I also have a thing for milk. Go through at least 2 gallons a week. Chocolate syrup's a definite plus for a great glass of ice-cold milk.

My teenaged son has a Dr. P addiction too. Won't drink any other soft drink. Fortunately, he loves milk and orange juice too, so I can cut off his Pepper and subsitute it with OJ.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:19 AM   #32
~Just Curious~
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Not at all.
I don't generally bother with NY's resolutions...if I do, it is not something so specific as swearing off a particular poison. I might go with trying to eat healthier, exercise more, or even the simple goal directed plan of losing some weight which pretty much encompasses both of those (it's only been the past few years that I've had to consider that...I've put on about 20 lbs since the damn tick took out my knee).
While I enjoy an occasional drink, I don't actually consume a lot of alcohol...especially now that I've moved toward drinking better stuff, and taking it neat. Don't get me wrong - I still enjoy tossing back a few mixed drinks over dinner out with the gf; or making a very occasional night of it with friends from work - but I see no reason, nor do I have any desire, to give it up. If it becomes necessary for health reasons, I'll just stop drinking...that would be a whole lot easier than giving up Dr Pepper, lol. Hell, giving up alcohol wouldn't even phase me. Dr Pepper is an ADDICTION.
There ya go! I don't see a reason for you to give it up either really. Everything in moderation and all that, doesn't sound like it's a problem for you. Personally I quickly dropped my one-time diet resolution because it no longer seemed worth it. It reached the point where instead of feeling proud after I turned down something deliciously bad for me, I started to feel bummed. I could go without, but I don't have any pressing medical reason and I like eating that stuff. Doctor says I'm healthy, might as well enjoy life while I am!

But man, there's nothing like an injury or bad illness to bring you down. Once you're knocked off your feet for a time, it's so hard to get back. I hear you on that.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #33
morph evolution
teqkillya and squirt...yuuummmaaa

Old 12-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #34
WebSlave
Diets and crap never really made much sense to me. You are going to die sooner or later anyway, so why not die from something that you LIKE?

Hell I'd rather die tomorrow from eating a dozen steamed blue crabs than to live 50 more years only being able to eat tofu.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #35
hhmoore
The weird thing for me is that I can absolutely do without Dr Pepper at home....rarely even think about it (unless I know it's here, that is). It's while I'm at work that it is hard to resist the urge.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #36
hhmoore
Pizza.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #37
Cat_Eyed_Lady
omg!!! Pizza is my Fav food group!! I could almost live on the stuff.. as long as there is a steak or roast thrown in once on awhile

marinated steak on the grill is another yummy for me

Old 12-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #38
Morelia4life
I smoke cigs. Fav. brand is Camel's Silvers (Menthol). I smoke a pack every two days but to make up for that I drink around 4 liters of Mtn dew Voltage, Code Red or regular every night at work plus when I get home.

On Friday after work (7am), me and the gang usually go to the bar and I like to drink my fav. beer... Budlight. I don't drink enough to get me drunk but enough to relax and to feel good.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #39
hhmoore
4 liters of Mountain Dew every night??? Holy
Between the sugar, caffeine, and the need to pee after drinking that much, how the heck do you sleep??

Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #40
Morelia4life
Believe it or not, I sleep fine. Or maybe not. I think I actually might have some type of problem. For ex... if I go to sleep around 9 in the morning, I won't wake up until 8 or 9 at night. I can sleep 10 to 12 hours without waking up to eat or pee. I can sleep 4 hours and I am tired. I can sleep for 8 hours and I am tired. I can sleep for 12 hours and I am still tired.

I think it is 3rd shift that makes me so tired but I am not really sure. I don't know or it could be the fact that for the last 4 months my shortest week at work has been 60 hours?? Maybe that is it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!