Name your poison.... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #61
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
While the title is often associated with choice of alcoholic beverage, I'm not going to specify...it can be any substance that you put into your body that is damaging.
A lot of this stuff in moderation is not damaging.
The problem is that moderation is not so easy if there are two slices of pizza left

Diet Coke
Chocolate
Pizza
Shiner
Bailey's Irish Cream

Old 12-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #62
hhmoore
True enough, Lucille - I consider my consumption of Dr Pepper and chocolate to be much more of a problem than my consumption of alcohol...largely due to the quantity/frequency with which I consume them, and the visible effects.
Of course, my taste in tequila and bourbon makes some of my choices toxic to my wallet, but that is a different topic.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #63
~Just Curious~
But diet soda isn't supposed to be bad for you, right? I hear it's all zeros. (At least, that's what i want to hear )

Old 12-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #64
hhmoore
That depends on how easily convinced you are that artificial sweeteners aren't bad for you, lol....and your thoughts on the idea that they make you crave sweet stuff.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #65
~Just Curious~
Didn't even think of that. LOL I guess we just can't win when it comes to that stuff. XD

Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #66
Skanakis
any carbs and sugars....i can raise my sugar up to 500 and then some. But honestly....who the hell can resist a good loaf of hot crusty italian bread....or semolina...i can go on and on...

Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #67
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Just Curious~ View Post
But diet soda isn't supposed to be bad for you, right? I hear it's all zeros. (At least, that's what i want to hear )
I was a religious drinker of dr. pepper.. at least a liter + a day. I gave it up for a while because the caffeine was screwing me up bad with my allergy medication.. I switched to diet to help get through the withdrawals. I ended up gaining 40 lbs. within 6 months even though I was cutting out over 500 calories of my daily intake each day. I eventually started working myself back onto the regular stuff (though much reduced on amount drunk).. and eventually LOST almost all of that weight. Apparently I am one of those people whose body knows the difference between real sugars and fake.. and when using the fake sugars my body is expecting calories it's not getting and therefore will hold on to any calorie intake to make up for it causing weight gain.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #68
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanakis View Post
who the hell can resist a good loaf of hot crusty italian bread....
Oh yessss! Especially if you add some fresh *real* butter, and slather it with fresh tapenade. One of my fave restaurants in WV used to bring that out when you sat down, and it's highly addictive.

For alcohol, on the rare occasion when I drink, I prefer the sweet stuff. Some authentic icewine (eiswein), or moscato d'asti are my poison of choice. Inniskillin winery has an amazing sparkling icewine that I treat myself to a bottle of every couple years. Better than any champagne, IMO.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #69
Cat_Eyed_Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I was a religious drinker of dr. pepper.. at least a liter + a day. I gave it up for a while because the caffeine was screwing me up bad with my allergy medication.. I switched to diet to help get through the withdrawals. I ended up gaining 40 lbs. within 6 months even though I was cutting out over 500 calories of my daily intake each day. I eventually started working myself back onto the regular stuff (though much reduced on amount drunk).. and eventually LOST almost all of that weight. Apparently I am one of those people whose body knows the difference between real sugars and fake.. and when using the fake sugars my body is expecting calories it's not getting and therefore will hold on to any calorie intake to make up for it causing weight gain.
I had the same thing happen to me when I went to diet soda! My doc told me to switch when my blood sugars got too high... well, I did and it just made everything worse! Bet it was the First time a Dco said to go back to the regular stuff? LOL

Old 12-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #70
~Just Curious~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Wow! Who'd of thunk it? Kinda interesting how our bodies work sometimes...

I only ever drank fanta really and I used to complain that there wasn't a diet version of that stuff (in America) but I guess it was actually for the better! I had a bad addiction to fanta for years, but strangely enough a throat surgery/long term illness knocked me clean off it. After a few months without, I was flat-out no longer attracted to anything carbonated. Suppose everything has a silver lining~

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!