I am... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #51
Mistyck
Finally got discharged about 3pm. Going to rest and will talk soon. Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Old 08-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #52
Mistyck
We are adjusting well so far...Go to the Dr. today for him, for his checkup. He's a little jaundiced but nothing bad. Will see if he's gained weight, or lost weight...Poor baby also has to get bloodwork done today as well.

Here's a pic of me, Cruz and Marishka (big sister)... (Don't mind me, I look like total crap, and I don't care! )

And one of just Cruz... (Yes I am a proud Mommy!)
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #53
Magic
Oooooooooh! Those little fingers!

You are making me want another baby Brandi! How adorable he is and precious! Good job momma!!!

Old 08-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #54
Mistyck
Thanks Kerri!

We went to the Dr...My lil guy had to get blood drawn...I cried with him. I couldn't stand listening to him in pain.

Good news from the visit is that he's already gained 4oz in less than a week! AWESOMENESS! Normally it takes them a week to a week and a half to gain back to their original birth weight, and my big boy has already done that and passed it! Woohoo!

Bad news from the visit is that he is severely jaundiced. They ordered the special lights to help reverse the jaundice, and they are going to be delivered tomorrow morning. Will have to use the lights for a week, and then that's when both he and I go back for another appointment.

So far everything is on track, and he's doing well.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #55
Magic
I like tangerine babies!!!

Hopefully the bilirubin gets into check soon for you. I cried when my son had to get blood drawn too, those heel sticks are mean!!

Keep up the good work! Stay hydrated! (Breast feeding or not--push those fluids!)

Old 08-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #56
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Thanks Kerri!

We went to the Dr...My lil guy had to get blood drawn...I cried with him. I couldn't stand listening to him in pain.

Good news from the visit is that he's already gained 4oz in less than a week! AWESOMENESS! Normally it takes them a week to a week and a half to gain back to their original birth weight, and my big boy has already done that and passed it! Woohoo!

Bad news from the visit is that he is severely jaundiced. They ordered the special lights to help reverse the jaundice, and they are going to be delivered tomorrow morning. Will have to use the lights for a week, and then that's when both he and I go back for another appointment.

So far everything is on track, and he's doing well.
My wife's water broke 3 months early, so after many issues, many nights in the multiple hospitals, helicopter rides, & just being a new very nervous 1st time father didn't take to well to when the doctor taking blood & making my new born cry. Even thought I knew it was gonna happen, I may have been was a little overly protective but they let me come back still & I haven't missed a visit yet, lol. I definitely know how you feel!

Old 08-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #57
Metachrosis
What they do to kids now is unbelievable compared to when I had my last one delivered nearly 30yrs ago,I was present for the birth of my granddaughter and couldnt believe all the stuff they were "just checking".

Glad he's got all 10 fingers and toes,hope yall get thru the minor issues pretty quickly

Old 08-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #58
rcarichter
Your children are beautiful! Don't worry about the jaundice. My second son came home with lights for a week, but at a 3-day check, he was already finished. Short visits outside (with appropriate protection) help speed up the process. Congratulations!

Noelle

Old 08-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #59
Mistyck
We got the "lights"...Turns out it's a belly band that has to be worn at all times, unless changing his diaper or bathing him. His bilirubin levels were pretty high..15.4 on a scale of 0.0-10.0...So we absolutely have to have this on him for the entire week...

He doesn't like the band, but at least I know he's getting the therapy he needs. It's a bright blue lighted band... Might actually comfort him at night since I use a round LED light when I change his diaper at night...Hmmm...

Thanks for the compliments on my kiddos...I tried hard with them. Their skin tones are very nice, and my daughter doesn't burn, (unlike her momma.) Guess that's what you get when you have a way-white momma and a dark Hispanic daddy.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #60
Mistyck
Here's what it looks like on him... He doesn't like being naked...
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!