Reward Part Deux - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #81
dragonflyreptiles
OMG, good One Chris!

Old 11-05-2005, 08:06 PM   #82
Dennis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
I DID NOT ask them what they thought about my race (a white mixed mutt),
LOL...I am a mutt also

Old 11-06-2005, 12:40 AM   #83
Cat_72
Quote:
Dennis, I think its more that some people think bad of your values and that equates them to thinking bad of you as a seller and shipper of a supposed animal.
Wendy, it has nothing to do with anything Dennis has said or done in the past. If you, or anyone else, had made the same request, I would have thought the same thing. I simply think it's wrong.

I'll get right on that $1000 for you though Rich.....do you accept money orders from my Nigerian bank?

Old 11-06-2005, 06:04 AM   #84
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
ANYONE GIVING ME $1,000 WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE A GOOD GUY IN MY BOOK!
For $1,000 can someone get a ride in your new toy, too?

Quote:
If there is a thread on the BOI that says:

So and So sent me this and it was as expected and in a timely manner.

It that a good guy post, NO, its a GOOD transaction post.

Now here is the thing, if someone post so and so went way above and beyond and treated me like a queen and they are amazing, then 1, 3, 5,7, 100 other people come in and Say no, they did this and that to me, does that make that post a GOOD GUY POST, NO.

And if Someone comes in and says so and so is BAD they did this to me and 1, 3, 5 , 7 100 other people come in to day hey you jumped the gun they are good people, etc. Does that make it a BAD GUY POST, NO

So get with reality, a GOOD delivery of an intended deal and a GOOD GUY OVERALL are two different things, as soon as all here can realize that the better off we will all be.
I don't know if this is the post I was thinking of or not, but someone mentioned something to the effect of a person deserving a good guy thread only for an exceptional transaction. I don't agree. Sometimes I wish that EVERY transaction was reported on the BOI. --Keep it short and to the point, but I want to know if Billy Bob has a track record of fulfilling his promises on his end of a transaction. If Billy Bob has only one transaction reported on his thread, I might question his consistency and validity if there's only been ONE report on his conduct. I'd prefer to see a list of 6+ transactions where Billy Bob didn't screw up.

It would be nice if there were a lot fewer useless remarks and comments from random people on the BOI threads, just because it makes it really hard to find the pertinent information that MATTERS. It seems like that's changing somewhat, and I like that.

As far as Dennis1's request/deal/whatever-you-call-it, I really don't see that hitting the BOI and staying under 2837 posts. There should be 3-4 maybe, if you count the other snakes he gave to Karen. I don't think that would happen. I don't really care what ends up on his thread I guess, but the whole concept of the thing is what bothers me, as it detracts from the BOI's usefulness.

In my opinion,
Paul

Old 11-06-2005, 09:41 AM   #85
Dennis1
Let me see if i got this straight

Its O.K. to ask for a GG Certification?
Its not O.K. to ask for a GG Thread?

I have some other questions but i will start with these

Old 11-06-2005, 10:04 AM   #86
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
Let me see if i got this straight

Its O.K. to ask for a GG Certification?
Its not O.K. to ask for a GG Thread?

I have some other questions but i will start with these
No, I don't think you have it straight at all.

You APPLY for a GG Certification from me. As long as you are a Contributing member or above and don't already have a negative rating in your Trader's Rating poll, then it will be granted. NO ONE else but myself can set up a certification for someone. My doing so is no reflection at all as to whether or not I see the applicant as a Good Guy or Bad Guy based on any experiences I may have with them.

A posting in the BOI is something that is done by members in relation to business dealings they have had, are presently engaging in, or are contemplating taking part in for the future. As long as they are following the rules, I have no involvement in that at all except allowing them access to the place to do so. Although I am certain that some people have and will solicit good guy posts about them in the BOI, this thread you have posted is the first instance I am aware of where someone made it a stipulation of the deal.

I hope this helps to clear up the distinction between those two areas for you.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #87
Dennis1
Thanks WebSlave for clearing that up for me

Quote:
A posting in the BOI is something that is done by members in relation to business dealings they have had, are presently engaging in, or are contemplating taking part in for the future. As long as they are following the rules, I have no involvement in that at all except allowing them access to the place to do so. Although I am certain that some people have and will solicit good guy posts about them in the BOI, this thread you have posted is the first instance I am aware of where someone made it a stipulation of the deal.
I Understand Completely now
By asking for a GG Thread i was just trying to show that i am not a Bad Guy
As anyone who has EVER done business with me can Attest to
I am completely aware that it could backfire on me IF i was TRULY a Bad Guy
Which i am Not
Thank you for giving me a chance to clear that up

Old 11-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #88
Bill_Leverton
Mr Dynes, I cant help but laugh at the stuff you come up with, If I read this right you want someone to give a GG thread for getting something from you ? IMHO thats like me saying, I'll sell you one of my ghost boas for dirt cheap only if you say I'm a good guy,Does it make me a good guy ? NO, If you want the "Validation" of being a good guy, Do the right thing and don't expect to see your name up in the spot light, But this is what you are looking for, seeing you name in the spot light, And trust me Bro you don't need a GG post for that everytime you post something "Your name" is there, you do draw attention to your self. And you did ask for a definition of a good guy well here is what I think: A person who goes above the bar to give the best quality and service and asks only that the customer is satisfied with the product they received and asks nothing more, If you need more then that then you need to reexamine whether you need to know your a good guy or do you need to see your name up in lights JMHO

Old 11-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #89
Dennis1
Hahah
Thank you for your definition of a Good Guy

Old 11-06-2005, 06:03 PM   #90
Bill_Leverton
You are quite welcome

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread