The Fauna 'Quote of the Day' thread - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #1
Lucille
The Fauna 'Quote of the Day' thread

The New York Times has a 'quote of the day' on its front page every day. Not to be outdone, I want to start a Fauna 'quote of the day'.

It has to be taken word for word, and it is better if just the quote itself is posted without editorializing, so its full impact can be appreciated. But certainly you can then follow up with posts analyzing the quote, if you wish.

Of course with such an outstanding group of people, there may be more than one quote each day worthy of note and that's perfectly OK.

Here, the first Fauna 'Quote of the Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft
I think knowing about this site probably means your not an idiot.

Next?

Old 05-25-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
DAND
Question

Here is one that I just came across:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theReptileBreeder
sorry for the miss spelling

Old 05-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
DAND
Lightbulb Words of wisdom from Wes...

I actually think there was a thread started somewhere of just quotes from Wes. I came across this one while looking for something else:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
I ate an apple once.

I ate an orange once.

Both sustained me.

I liked the orange better.

You're like an apple.

I don't like you.

Oranges have been known to SEVERELY treat errant apples. Going so far, on occasion, as the verbally give them the drubbing they so rightfully deserve in person.

Oranges are generally more intelligent than apples having not only mental dexterity to a MUCH higher degree but the ability to see that even though they ARE smarter than most apples, they are not the smartest of all the fruits.

Apples, being not so very clever as a rule BUT painfully unaware of their lack (always), continually try to assert intellectual domination and quickness of wit is THEIRS alone and not only NOT possessed by the lowly oranges but unable to be conceptualized by such a round fruit.

See the logic there?

They, the apples, have also been known to hurl seedling insults at oranges for growing on trees.

I still like oranges.

And for you, nothing has or ever will change.

I'd HATE to be you, er, an apple.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
DAND
Is it any wonder Al is no longer with us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda Al
Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you've mispelled 40% of the words in your title?

Old 05-25-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
DAND
Talking This was an actual PM I received...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabez
FYI-Intelegent and powerful people do not run around telling anybody how important or powerful they think they are.
Not true... The intelegent and powerful people do run around.

While intelligent people sit back and laugh and thank the heavens that ignorance is not contagious.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
Lucille
Here is an eerie one, written almost a year before I decided to enter law school, it seems like a forecast of the future now that I look back on it:

Originally Posted by Wilomn

Be sure to take your tongue out of your cheek before next you eat. It would be a shame to loose that solid silver little devil.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
ZX11
Me not know English? Unpossible !!

{ Mexican that lives next to me }

Old 05-29-2006, 09:17 AM   #8
John Apple
The Box

Here is one that applies in everything.....

In order to get people to think out of the box,...we should not create the box in the first place

Old 07-24-2006, 07:21 AM   #9
DAND
Looks like this could be one of the comments passed out with warning points.

Quote:
I suppose if you were wiser you would save yourself a lot of typing.......

Old 07-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
Wilomn
Here's one fresh and used for the first time today.

dand, why are you such a coward that your only compadre seems to be a devil with a silver tongue who, despite the knowledge of its metallic origins, cannot seem to help trying to bite it off on a regular basis?

Still waiting on that answer to that question dand.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!