Shrillomn, a brief expose - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:05 AM   #41
hhmoore
Perhaps if Pez were to dye his/her hair red, he might get the level of attention/affection he seems to desire??

Old 11-13-2006, 12:20 AM   #42
Laura Fopiano
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrillomn
The point is this, Webslave,
You accepted money from all of the people who supported you and this board. Prior to paying the money, the users had grown accustomed to a certain level of service here. It was because of that level of service, that people wanted to keep Fauna going to the point of sending you money to ensure it's survival. How many times had we heard from you that you simply wanted to shut it down? The money was supposed to make it work for everyone.
Yes, and it has. I payed to suppoert this sight because I believ in it and I respect what it stands for. You never had to pay for any of the forums here, only the BOI. Kinsnake charges fo hell of a lot more for services that can be removed at any time.
Quote:
Then, at some point after all of this money had been collected, you simply decided that you no longer wanted to offer the same product because it was easier for you to simply not do so. Additionally, you slapped every supporter of this board in the face by giving away for free, the very thing that they had paid for.
Funny I don't remember feeling slapped or slighted in the least. I will continue to pony up and support this sight year after year. Where's your coin pez???? Yeah, that's what I thought....would you like some cheese with that whine????

Old 11-13-2006, 12:30 AM   #43
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Perhaps if Pez were to dye his/her hair red, he might get the level of attention/affection he seems to desire??

He could dye it blonde with a brown spot in the middle... maybe some black wavey streaks too! ^_-

Old 11-13-2006, 01:18 AM   #44
WebSlave
Quote:
The point is this, Webslave,
You accepted money from all of the people who supported you and this board. Prior to paying the money, the users had grown accustomed to a certain level of service here. It was because of that level of service, that people wanted to keep Fauna going to the point of sending you money to ensure it's survival. How many times had we heard from you that you simply wanted to shut it down? The money was supposed to make it work for everyone.
So who said it has changed? The existence of this site is still contingent upon the bills being paid. I think most everyone understands that fact.

And no, nothing done here was ever intended, much less being possible to, "work" for everyone. At any given time, it would "work" for some, but not "work" for others. Right now it is "working" for those members who wanted a LOT less rules. So here 'ya go....

Quote:
Then, at some point after all of this money had been collected, you simply decided that you no longer wanted to offer the same product because it was easier for you to simply not do so. Additionally, you slapped every supporter of this board in the face by giving away for free, the very thing that they had paid for.
I believe many members here see it differently. They didn't LOSE a thing. Matter of fact, I would say that they GAINED quite a bit as no one can dispute that traffic, interest, and participation within the BOI has picked up dramatically lately. Sure, I am certain that some losers will FEEL like losers, but that's the breaks. Please note the above statement about "working" for everyone. This time, YOU are on the outside looking in, I guess.

Quote:
Nice car, btw...
Thanks. You should get one yourself. You don't know what you are missing.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #45
Shrillomn
Really now, is the most interesting conversation that all of you can come up with is suggestions for my hair color? That's deep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
And no, nothing done here was ever intended, much less being possible to, "work" for everyone. At any given time, it would "work" for some, but not "work" for others. Right now it is "working" for those members who wanted a LOT less rules. So here 'ya go....
Alright - so somehow you have determined that the "majority" of the contributing members here (I don't necessarily mean that in financial terms), have opted for a hands off approach from the site moderators? I would like to see the hard data on that call. I'll bet if we were to do a poll, the results would be somewhat different. My guess is that most of the active members here would prefer something in between ignored and fully moderated.

Speaking of which, here's an interesting statistic on the current state of the moderation here. Bear in mind, this does not include the individual forum moderators, who I'm sure everyone will agree do a fantastic job.

Dr Owens: Last Post - 10-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Ken Harbart: Last Post - 09-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Dennis Thomas: Last Post - 11-13-2006, 08:53 AM

While they may be busy behind the scenes, with the exception of Dennis Thomas, they don't seem to be contributing much to the site lately. Combine this with the Absentee Landlord / Off Campus attitude of Webslave, I would say we are pretty much on auto-pilot at this point.

Would anyone else like something more in return for the support that you have given this site over the years? Remember, without the contributions of the user base, a forum site ceases to exist.

I, for one, feel that Fauna is poised to be the single greatest reptile-enthusiast site on the web. Why don't we ALL come together and make it so. Who's in the way, other then ourselves.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #46
Wilomn
Hey shrilly, REMOVE MY PIC FROM YOUR AVATAR.

I know you are less than intelligent, here only for attention, able to make tiny waves, much like a puppy piddling on a hardwood floor, but continually proving it to others is serving what purpose?

While I do appreciate the attention, it is not going to be reciprocated and, as I've told you many many times before, you ain't gettin none o this.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #47
varnyard
Quote:
Shrillomn: I, for one, feel that Fauna is poised to be the single greatest reptile-enthusiast site on the web. Why don't we ALL come together and make it so. Who's in the way, other then ourselves.
We are together, however you are still playing hide and seek. You come in here and act like a disrespectful/problem child, and then say "Lets pull together". Lets get real first, that seems to be something you are lacking.

A good place to start, would be using your REAL name.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:33 PM   #48
Shrillomn
Wes, Wes, Wes, Is your Irritable Bowel Syndrome acting up again?
I hope that my new avatar does not offend you too much. I realize that is does have one pixel in common with yours, but hopefully you can overlook that flagrant copyright violation. Surely we have more important issues to discuss besides a silly picture.

Bobby,
You are absolutely right. We are are on the same side.
I assure you, once Fauna has re-applied the rules under which she was founded and anyone who wishes to post has to do so with a verified account, I will return with my real identity.

Until that time, my very presence here, helps to illuminate the problems of an unmoderated and abandoned forum.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #49
Wilomn
Quote:
Wes, Wes, Wes, Is your Irritable Bowel Syndrome acting up again?
I hope that my new avatar does not offend you too much. I realize that is does have one pixel in common with yours, but hopefully you can overlook that flagrant copyright violation. Surely we have more important issues to discuss besides a silly picture.

Bobby,
You are absolutely right. We are are on the same side.
I assure you, once Fauna has re-applied the rules under which she was founded and anyone who wishes to post has to do so with a verified account, I will return with my real identity.

Until that time, my very presence here, helps to illuminate the problems of an unmoderated and abandoned forum.
A mosquito also helps spread West Nile.

You are much akin to that mosquito and twice as welcome.

Why twice as welcome you ask? Because a dumbass as big as you is FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR easier to swat than a tiny mosquito, though, come to think on it, I would be willing to be the mosquito's brain is bigger than yours.

Right kunny?

Old 11-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #50
Shrillomn
Oh Wes,
I am disappointed. I expected a much more eloquent response from you.
Have you really resorted to third grade insults on the playground? I guess we'll need to find someone else to entertain the masses.

Anyone out there interested in an adult discussion?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!