Shrillomn, a brief expose - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #61
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSmilen
I was just going by the Paid Membership level charts and what happened with my membership; hard for my ducks to be in a row when those ducks aren't in a row.

Is this something that just recently changed? I know before I paid for my membership I was not able to change my title and the option did not show up in my profile. The minute I paid it and went to my profile it was there. That was not so long ago, just a few weeks. My member title is one of the first things I try to update on any site I'm registered to; I know for a fact I was not able to change it before I paid.

Such is life... I don't think I look all that foolish, though, when it still seems a little unclear as to what's what.
I believe the user titles option was changed back when I decided to lift the restriction for paid memberships for posting on the BOI. Made other changes at the same time. Didn't figure it was worth my time to update the chart as I doubted they were significant to anyone considering a paid membership. And no, I don't tell everyone about what changes I make in the background. Just as I have stopped asking for opinions beforehand. Sorry about that. But that doesn't excuse your accusatory tone of your post, now does it?

Old 12-04-2006, 03:18 PM   #62
Shrillomn
Quote:
(whoops!) weren't quite smart enough
Back at ya!

Old 12-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #63
SoulSmilen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I believe the user titles option was changed back when I decided to lift the restriction for paid memberships for posting on the BOI. Made other changes at the same time. Didn't figure it was worth my time to update the chart as I doubted they were significant to anyone considering a paid membership. And no, I don't tell everyone about what changes I make in the background. Just as I have stopped asking for opinions beforehand. Sorry about that. But that doesn't excuse your accusatory tone of your post, now does it?
Nope, all out wrong; plain and simple. My membership started 11/24 this year; the custom member title wasn't an option before then - neither was the option to upload an avatar. It might be something that's changed since that date, but hey, whatever, make it up as you go along.. no skin off my back. I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you; you'd win, of course, since you have the control panel.

At any rate, I'll be thinking of a member to ape and antagonize since it's obviously allowed. Who knows, could be fun.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 PM   #64
WebSlave
Quote:
Nope, all out wrong; plain and simple. My membership started 11/24 this year; the custom member title wasn't an option before then - neither was the option to upload an avatar. It might be something that's changed since that date, but hey, whatever, make it up as you go along.. no skin off my back. I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you; you'd win, of course, since you have the control panel.

At any rate, I'll be thinking of a member to ape and antagonize since it's obviously allowed. Who knows, could be fun.
Sorry it's such a big deal to you. But I can tell you for a FACT that the member custom titles was DEFINITELY available to registered members before 11/24. I don't remember exactly when it was, but it was absolutely more than two weeks ago. Quite likely you just made a mistake trying to utilize it.... Wouldn't be the first time someone made a mistake like that and then played the Chicken Little act. Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble.....

Old 12-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #65
SoulSmilen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Sorry it's such a big deal to you. But I can tell you for a FACT that the member custom titles was DEFINITELY available to registered members before 11/24. I don't remember exactly when it was, but it was absolutely more than two weeks ago. Quite likely you just made a mistake trying to utilize it.... Wouldn't be the first time someone made a mistake like that and then played the Chicken Little act. Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble.....
You're right; I'm totally new to forums and have no clue how to access and manipulate such complicated functions.

My turn to use the obnoxious smiley.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:54 AM   #66
Otter_23
Must be that Roger Jolly guy or whatever the name was.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #67
Shrillomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23
Must be that Roger Jolly guy or whatever the name was.
Not even close!

Old 12-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #68
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrillomn
Not even close!
Well... a little close. Neither of you is who you say you are and there's a bit of a blind eye being turned by the people with their finger on the button. Seem to be saying something in a high profile and slightly hyperbolic way...

'course I've always been a fan of most fictional vigilantes. Slap a cape and a secret identity on someone and they can do any damn fool thing in the name of entertainment.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #69
Seamus Haley
Can't edit but... it also occurs to me that if there's going to be a lot of these spoonerclones, I should probably register Heinous Shamely as a precautionary measure.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #70
Shrillomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Can't edit but... it also occurs to me that if there's going to be a lot of these spoonerclones, I should probably register Heinous Shamely as a precautionary measure.
I think that's a wonderful idea Heinous. The more masked avengers there are running around here, the more likely it is that someone will get tired of it and put an end to the nonsense.

I only exist here to point out the idiocy of having a site such as this without rules in place to ensure legitimacy.

Oh, and to have a little fun with those that have difficulty seeing the irony of it all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!