Weather - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #91
Cat_72
They have closed down all of the interstates here, and the other roads are mostly labeled as "travel not recommended, towing services prohibited" around here.

There's no escape now even if I wanted to, lol.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #92
Stardust
wow blast from the past memory just came back to me as I was reading my daughters monthly newletter (yes, I do read them lol)
It said March is the month that comes in like a lion and out like a lamb.

THAT is now what I am hoping for!

Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 AM   #93
Cat_72
My son reminded me of that yesterday too! Needless to say, we are all hoping that the old saying is true.

Then there's that dumb groundhog.......lyin' so-and-so.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:34 AM   #94
Dragondad
ok never thought I would say this......yeah snow.

Yesterday was a mess, about 3 in the afternoon the thunderstorms started. Since we already had the rain going my driveway turned into a slushy, one giant 80 ft x 20 ft slushy and dumby me decided to try going somewhere.

So what little snow I hope helps, or maybe a solid freeze then I can just get the car started in a direction hit the brakes and wait for it to stop.

And right now the ground hog is nothing more to me than potential snake food...."give me this early spring crap will you"

Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 AM   #95
Cat_72
Quote:
And right now the ground hog is nothing more to me than potential snake food...."give me this early spring crap will you"

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #96
Cat_72
Here's a few quick pics of how buried we are...the first pic is the tops of 4' fence posts, lol.

Somewhere under this snow is my driveway.....you can kinda see my truck down there toward the end. The edge of that roof is 6' off the ground.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:32 PM   #97
Stardust
OMG that is a lot of snow. I have avoided looking out the window for the most part of today but I do not think it compares to that.
Your poor truck!

Old 03-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #98
Dragondad
ok I give....

Cat that makes my winter look easy. If my car were there you wouldnt see it. So I don't think I will be complaining too much.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #99
Cat_72
Well, my truck was really buried before, but we hooked on to it with a chain and got it pulled out to where I should be able to drive it out in case of emergency, lol. Yesterday the ol man got quite a bit of snow moved with the tractor....plenty more to go today, but at least we're making progress!

Old 03-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #100
Dragondad
Well I just spent the day at the farm playing mostly in the snow....none of it as deep as yours Cat....but some drifts up to three feet. I moved snow over there and more snow....managed to get my car stuck in the drive sideways. Don't ask me how, and then in clearing to feed cows stuck the skid steer. Well actually high centered it on the snow. Finally got it dug out, pulled it around got my car out.

Ok all good I go out to feed the horses and stick the skid steer again. The snow has so much moisture that you spin the wheels just a little and you dug yourself a depression.

I just left the farm, and it was snowing again so I am sure I will have fun doing the morning feed on the horses.

And all this time I am thinking, "Thank God I am not in Northern Iowa"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!