Weather - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #61
techgirl
Man I was going to complain about it being cold in Jersey, but I feel sorry for all of you with the snow deal. It was so cold yesterday that I actually got burns on my face walking my dog around the block. My poor dog, Tal, who loves the cold actually doesn't want to go outside except to do his business and that's it. Hope this cold snap breaks soon.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #62
Stardust
I drove in that snow Mike was talking about. Friday I had to trek down to South Bend IN.
This was a driving experience from hell I tell ya...
First we have a small mishap that leaves us leaving at night (daughter turned on suburban, or thought she did, battery doesn't like that, you get the message )
On a 4 to 41/2 hour drive it takes a little over 7 hrs. IN has no snow coming, oh no, this is all MI lake affect. So I spend a blissfully no snow freezing week end in IN.
Come sunday, time to go. No snow but I know it is snowing in MI. I think how can it be THAT bad as I am just over the line between the two state?
The minute, literally, I hit "welcome to Michigan" it starts snowing, bad!
It gets worse as I head up state on 31. I miss a turn because I can not see the signs. Marilyn(daughter)gets fed up at not being able to see them, we are all crazily laughing at our predicament, she gets out and goes to the sign, she starts to shake it madly, I am hysterically laughing as I watch this from the car. Snow is falling all around her yet it is stubborn snow and will not get off to read and she is just as stubborn and keeps shaking, lol. Eric (my son) jumps out of the burb with the window snow brush starts down by the sign as well. He is 5'11 he steps down by the snow and shrinks to about 3 feet! Marilyn starts back, tears are strolling down my face, I just couldn't help this scene that was folding out before me. He gets out of the ditch? and gets in front of the sign and jumps up and whacks it. FINALLY we can see we are going the wrong way on the wrong rode! Nothing in these small towns were open, sometimes they fooled us by leaving lights on only to be closed anyway
Needless to say it took almost 11 hours to get home. I am still recouping!
We know there were dark forces at work that night, twilight zone or something

Old 02-08-2007, 10:37 PM   #63
ms_terese
THAT is a trip that will bring laughter for years and years to come! I'm glad you made it home safely!

No complaining from me this week....I'm in sunny Orlando!

Old 02-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #64
Chameleon Company
Welcome Terese ! I'm about 40 miles SW of Orlando. Sure looks cold on the TV up there all you Eskimo volunteers ! Saw two gopher tortoises out in the yard today (I have a wild colony of about 6) enjoying the sun and temps in the 70's. Corona weather !

Old 02-09-2007, 08:53 PM   #65
ms_terese
I'll tell you what, Jim....I had to drive to Boynton Beach for an appointment today, and after spending the past weeks in NJ, Chicago, Dallas and even a below-normal cold in Scottsdale......it was a joy! I drove with the windows down and the radio turned up, and even decided to brave the Friday afternoon traffic on A1A for awhile on the way back up north to get some ocean breeze! It was sooooo relaxing.....I can understand why people brave the summer heat and the hurricanes to live here!

Old 02-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #66
Stardust
I have to go to town today so I go out to start the burb and the sun is shining, the streets are dry and I can take the mazda YAY! It is also a bit warmer.
I am so hoping that spring does come early this year!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #67
Cat_72
We've actually been ABOVE FREEZING for highs the last couple of days.....things are getting muddy and mushy in spots, but I'm not going to complain, lol. Just got back from dropping my daughter at school a bit ago, and it was warm enough to roll down the window a bit and let the ol doggie stick her nose out to smell the sights....life is good.

Sposed to get ice and freezing rain this weekend, but I'm still in denial and thinking it's spring.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #68
Dragondad
Hey Cat

That stuff your getting in Iowa right now can stay there or send it due north, Michigan doesn't need it......Deal?

Old 02-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #69
Cat_72
I think you need it worse than we do, lol!!! Got about an inch of ice, now we're under a blizzard warning....supposed to get a foot or so of snow.

If I can get it to go straight north, I'll give it a shot.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #70
Stardust
Oh no no no, no more blizzards for me lol
I am higher in MI then most and here it is icy but roads are dry and I have seen the sun coming out almost everyday the past week. Some days were warmer 44 one day and some were colder. It is the sun that makes me want to get out there no matter the temps. It even sets me to a better mood
Here's to hoping winter ends soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!