Weather - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:54 PM   #71
ms_terese
It's been gorgeous here all week....high 60's Got some thunderstorms last night so today was a bit cloudy, but we're expecting more sunshine tomorrow. If Spring hit full tilt tomorrow, it wouldn't be a minute too early for me!

Old 02-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #72
Dragondad
I claim foul....

Got up this morning, the wind is blowing at about 35 mph right now. Figured I would go and get the big animals taken care of early. Stepped outside, thought ok not bad only about 2 inches of snow....stepped on the first step and slipped all the way (only 5 steps) thank the lord I have lots of padding.

I forgot the warning about freezing rain...seems there is a layer under the snow that is nothing but a 1/2 of ice. I don't even want to try driving on it till later.

Cat I thought we had a deal.....

Old 02-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #73
Cat_72
Eh, sorry.....I did my best, but the powers that be just didn't seem to want to listen, lol.

We lost power for quite awhile, but thankfully are back and functioning now. Many of the folks in my area aren't so lucky....I see many schools are delayed or cancelled for tomorrow already due to power outages....at least it warmed up enough today so they did a fairly good job of getting the roads cleaned. What a relief, I can go to work tonight....

Old 02-28-2007, 10:21 AM   #74
Cat_72
And the new forecast.........

OCCASIONAL LIGHT FREEZING RAIN OR FREEZING DRIZZLE IS POSSIBLE THIS MORNING. SNOW IS FORECAST MAINLY NORTH OF A LINE FROM POCAHONTAS THROUGH HAMPTON TO WAVERLY WITH LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES. ALONG AND SOUTH OF THIS LINE...A MIXTURE OF FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW IS EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON WITH ICING UP TO ONE TENTH OF AN INCH. BY THIS EVENING...THE ENTIRE ADVISORY AREA IS EXPECTED CHANGE TO FREEZING DRIZZLE WITH THE FREEZING DRIZZLE PERSISTING THROUGH MUCH OF THE NIGHT. AN ADDITIONAL TENTH OF SO OF ICE ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED WITH THIS PRECIPITATION.

BY LATE TONIGHT AND ESPECIALLY ON THURSDAY...SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD MUCH OF THE AREA AND WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES ALONG WITH SOME THUNDER. SNOWFALL RATES OF OVER 2 INCHES PER HOUR MAY OCCUR FOR A BRIEF TIME ON THURSDAY MORNING. THE SNOW INTENSITIES WILL DIMINISH SOMEWHAT BY THURSDAY AFTERNOON BUT PERIODS OF LIGHT TO OCCASIONALLY MODERATE SNOW ARE FORECAST TO PERSIST INTO THURSDAY NIGHT. TOTAL STORM ACCUMULATIONS WILL VARY FROM 3 TO 7 INCHES ALONG THE HIGHWAY 30 CORRIDOR FROM DENISON TO AMES WITH UP TO 12 INCHES AND LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS NEAR THE MINNESOTA BORDER.

HOWEVER...THE LARGEST THREAT WILL COME FROM THE VERY STRONG WINDS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ON THURSDAY. WEST TO NORTHWEST WILL INTENSIFY THROUGH THE DAY TO 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH BY THURSDAY AFTERNOON. THE WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO PERSIST INTO FRIDAY MORNING BEFORE GRADUALLY SUBSIDING. THE COMBINATION OF THESE STRONG WINDS AND SNOW WILL PRODUCE LIFE THREATENING BLIZZARD CONDITIONS. SUBSTANTIAL BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL OCCUR ALONG WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS. TRAVEL WILL BECOME VERY DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE BY THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #75
Stardust
Thank you very much for that forecast and reminderCat, it is about what mine looks like here too

Today I have to go into town, looks like I am going to do some extra shopping for food as well and stay home!
Still hoping for that early spring

Old 02-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #76
Cat_72
Eeeeesch, lucky you.....

We went and picked up hay this morning, and already saw a car in the ditch. My son got out of school early, and said there was one in the ditch just down the road from our place. I'm thinking I'm not going to work tonight, lol....but I stocked up on groceries yesterday, so it's all good.

And I'll try to do better about not aiming it at you this time either Michael....but no promises!

Old 02-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #77
ms_terese
going to be 70 here today, but tonight the storms roll in.... *sigh*

Old 02-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #78
Stardust
Just got back from town, glad I went. Roads were clear and I actually got about 5 minutes of sun, lol, on the way there, none on the way back and the clouds are looking gnarly.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #79
Dragondad
Hey already painted the giant target in the yard just so we have no missunderstanding. But am looking for a set of giant fans to just "blow" it on by to Rozann.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:48 PM   #80
Cat_72
Uh......I was going to go out and see how the roads were, before calling to work....and my 4WD truck is stuck in the middle of my driveway. BURIED stuck.

And the real snow hasn't even gotten here yet, lol. It can stay there til spring as far as I'm concerned, I'm done.

And the lights have been blinking already.....I'm thinking human brumation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!