brian foster, bcfos, LIAR - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:02 PM   #71
WebSlave
So Wes, are you telling us that you feel you have already reached the nirvana of your existence? You have reached that pinnacle where no further improvement is necessary, much less possible? That the feedback from the environment you live in is no longer relevant to you since growth or modification of your behavior to your betterment is no longer possible? You are absolutely perfect in all ways and the opinions and thoughts of others that could possibly make you a better person are absolutely valueless? This is a serious question, btw.

How do you get past the walking on water stage when you want to take a dip in the pool?

Thank you for blessing us with your presence here..........

Old 01-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #72
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Well Mike, as long as you have NO doubt, as long as you're CERTAIN, I'm sure you'll be just fine doing as you have.

You've missed some points, probably didn't even know it and that's alright, I don't hold it against you.

I have no ill will towards you and did/do appreciate when you tried to defend my positions. But, and this is key, I did not ask, you did it because YOU wanted to.

Why can YOU do as YOU wish, yet find so much wrong with my wishing to have the same freedom?

I WISH to be able to defend those whom I think need it, to attack those whom I think need it, to share what I've spent my lifetime learning with those whom I think need it, to offer the view from a step to the left to those whom I think will benifit from it, to be able to come and go when I think I should without being beholden to anyone NOT of my choosing to be beholden to.

Eh, you'll either get it or not. While I have no wish for you to be gone, there isn't really anyone here I'd miss all that much if they disappeared.

It's an internet forum Mike, names on a screen, not real life.
Agreed. It just a character flaw of mine to try and fix things, whether they need fixing or not. Point made and taken....

Old 01-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #73
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
So Wes, are you telling us that you feel you have already reached the nirvana of your existence? You have reached that pinnacle where no further improvement is necessary, much less possible? That the feedback from the environment you live in is no longer relevant to you since growth or modification of your behavior to your betterment is no longer possible? You are absolutely perfect in all ways and the opinions and thoughts of others that could possibly make you a better person are absolutely valueless? This is a serious question, btw.

How do you get past the walking on water stage when you want to take a dip in the pool?

Thank you for blessing us with your presence here..........
Mockery aside rich, is that what you really think?

Old 01-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #74
tai_pan1
I was asked to come post on this thread as to what I "know", so here is what I know.

I like both Wes and Brian, warts and all. They both have plenty of warts (as do I). I also know that they both have many positive attributes to go along with the not so positive attributes. Unfortunately, Brian tends to twist words to suit his own needs, and yes has been known to stretch the truth (or outright butcher it). Wes on the other hand tends to set his conceptual standards so rigidly that compromise is never possible. Compromise is a necessity in life, whether we are talking about personal relationships or disputes between countries and everything in between. I also know that they both take some sort of sadistic pleasure in antagonizing each other and attempting to push each others buttons. Pushing each others buttons is not enough for either of them though, they have a deep seeded need to involve others.

Did Brian lie about what he did on the thread at TRR? You're darn right he did. Does it matter? Not at all, it was some meaningless thread that no one cares about anyway. Did Wes purposely goad Brian into taking actions? You bet he did. It wasn't just on that thread, it was on many threads and it was done over and over again. Will they continue to go at each other, both here and on any other forums they both might frequent? Probably. I hope not, as I hope each of them can sit back and take a look deep inside and determine if this feud is really worth all of the time and effort they put into it. Think about it.........I bet Wes could have spent his time writing the best care sheet on False Water Cobras that anyone has ever seen. Did he? No, he wasted it on a juvenile spat with Brian. Could Brian have better spent his time informing people of the captive care requirements of various venomous species of snakes? You bet. Did he? No. Come on guys! I've heard you both lament about the direction our hobby is heading in, what are you both doing to help change that course? For that matter, what are the majority of people posting on this thread doing to further our hobby?

I consider both you guys friends, and as a friend, I'm not afraid to tell you both that you are both acting like a couple of jackasses.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #75
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tai_pan1
I was asked to come post on this thread as to what I "know", so here is what I know.

I like both Wes and Brian, warts and all. They both have plenty of warts (as do I). I also know that they both have many positive attributes to go along with the not so positive attributes. Unfortunately, Brian tends to twist words to suit his own needs, and yes has been known to stretch the truth (or outright butcher it). Wes on the other hand tends to set his conceptual standards so rigidly that compromise is never possible. Compromise is a necessity in life, whether we are talking about personal relationships or disputes between countries and everything in between. I also know that they both take some sort of sadistic pleasure in antagonizing each other and attempting to push each others buttons. Pushing each others buttons is not enough for either of them though, they have a deep seeded need to involve others.

Did Brian lie about what he did on the thread at TRR? You're darn right he did. Does it matter? Not at all, it was some meaningless thread that no one cares about anyway. Did Wes purposely goad Brian into taking actions? You bet he did. It wasn't just on that thread, it was on many threads and it was done over and over again. Will they continue to go at each other, both here and on any other forums they both might frequent? Probably. I hope not, as I hope each of them can sit back and take a look deep inside and determine if this feud is really worth all of the time and effort they put into it. Think about it.........I bet Wes could have spent his time writing the best care sheet on False Water Cobras that anyone has ever seen. Did he? No, he wasted it on a juvenile spat with Brian. Could Brian have better spent his time informing people of the captive care requirements of various venomous species of snakes? You bet. Did he? No. Come on guys! I've heard you both lament about the direction our hobby is heading in, what are you both doing to help change that course? For that matter, what are the majority of people posting on this thread doing to further our hobby?

I consider both you guys friends, and as a friend, I'm not afraid to tell you both that you are both acting like a couple of jackasses.
Thank you Mike. I know what it took, not the saying it part, as you've as much as said it to me previously, but I sincerely appreciate the fact that you came here to set it straight.

Jenn, thank you as well.

As for the rest, it's true.

But then, many things are true and I won't be changing them either.

I'll say this to foster though, if you don't leave me alone, if you don't quit following me to forums and joining up with whomever is currently picking at me, I'll never let it die.

Leave me be and I'll forget you ever existed. Keep sniping at me, and I'll keep cutting you down and exposing you for the liar that you are to all you may have temporarily convinced otherwise.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #76
WebSlave
Quote:
Mockery aside rich, is that what you really think?
By your own words, Wes, what I think is obviously irrelevant to you. I am just pointing out how you appear when I read your words........

You post as if you are writing your memoirs, cutting and pasting your words for the new book soon to be published, "The BEST of WES".

As for what I think you want out of this place and why you are here, I believe it is this: THE AUDIENCE. Nothing wrong with that, I guess. There are worse reasons.

IMHO......

Old 01-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #77
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
By your own words, Wes, what I think is obviously irrelevant to you. I am just pointing out how you appear when I read your words........

You post as if you are writing your memoirs, cutting and pasting your words for the new book soon to be published, "The BEST of WES".

As for what I think you want out of this place and why you are here, I believe it is this: THE AUDIENCE. Nothing wrong with that, I guess. There are worse reasons.

IMHO......
Again with the not-answer.

Ahhh well, I actually expected more. Disappointment is my companion yet again.

Have your thoughts rich

Oh and thanks for the compliment. When the book is published I'll dedicate the internet chapeter to fauna. I had no idea you though so highly of my writing style as you do.

Of course, you're just a guy who breeds cornsnakes so I suppose your literary merit may not be of sufficiency to enable me to become published, but I do appreciate the sentiment.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #78
bcfos
Can someone tell me what the point accumulation for wes is now? This ignore feature is pretty cool. I would highly recommend everyone using it on "Mr. No Creditability" wes. It really cleans up the boards of some rather useless drivel.

A sfor Mike saying I lied.. His opinion and opinions are like ______ (fill in that blank). Was he sitting next to me when I edited wes? No. Had he been he would have seen a small portion of exactly how hectic things get when 3 seperate companies are trying to get three seperate answers on seperate legislative issues which cover the low sulfer emissions and the loophole where "credits" can be "brokered" to other utilities that are not as lucky as some and have the EPA breathing down their neck. So it was a toss up pay close attention to editing and leave an editing sig line or risk loosing a rather large piece of that brokerage pie. Guess wes lost out to my first love, making money.... Oh well big whoop.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #79
John Apple
Quote:

I'll say this to foster though, if you don't leave me alone, if you don't quit following me to forums and joining up with whomever is currently picking at me, I'll never let it die
Leave me be and I'll forget you ever existed. Keep sniping at me, and I'll keep cutting you down and exposing you for the liar that you are to all you may have temporarily convinced otherwise.
uhh hey Wes, didn't you start this thread
You seem like an intelligent man albeit somewhat misguided , my question is why not let it be. You both should agree to disagree and end it here.
This thread is not helping either of you in any fashion and providing a soap opera for the other newer people here . Letting some people think this is fauna...innuendo and conjecture

Old 01-31-2007, 06:25 PM   #80
WebSlave
Quote:
Again with the not-answer.

Ahhh well, I actually expected more. Disappointment is my companion yet again.

Have your thoughts rich

Oh and thanks for the compliment. When the book is published I'll dedicate the internet chapeter to fauna. I had no idea you though so highly of my writing style as you do.

Of course, you're just a guy who breeds cornsnakes so I suppose your literary merit may not be of sufficiency to enable me to become published, but I do appreciate the sentiment.

Lordy, Lordy, but the boy do think highly of hisself.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!