Free laptop, XBox, Groceries for a year.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
coyote
Free laptop, XBox, Groceries for a year....

Anyone here ever follow through any of these offers for free stuff and receive the laptop, PS2, iPod, groceries/gas for a year, etc.?

The offers are common pop up ads on a lot of sites or show up as email spam.

I have been reluctant to go for it cause they seem too good to be true.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
LakesideBoas
Y'know what they say...

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If these things actually paid off like they'd like us to think they do all of us would have an iPod, an X-Box360, wouldn't ever have to buy groceries or gasoline...

I could go for that!

Old 02-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
starwarsdad
If I could figure out how not to pay for groceries (and still eat :P ), I would be a able to afford and iPod and an XBox....

Old 02-13-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
Junkyard
What they do is have you sign up and buy a whole lot of crap, then they send you the offered item for free. In essence you are paying the same amount as the free item on a bunch of stuff you would not buy anyways just to get the free item.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:33 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
OK don't laugh at me but I did on a free 42" plasma TV recently.

The stuff you sign up for is up to you and most of it is a free trail so you have to remember to cancel before the time is up.

I signed up for stuff I might use anway, Netflix (3 week free tiral), Stamps.com (30 day free trial $1 charge to CC for verification), Timelife Music (Free CD with free tiral pay $4.95 shipping), Disney Books (3 books for price of shipping $6.95 and free trail), Disney Movies (3 free movies for price of shipping $10.99 and free trail) and a couple of others that were similar.

OK, now I do qualify for my free TV since I have completed all steps needed but the last thing you have to do is refer someone that also completes all offers to get the TV and then refers someone that completes all offers.

So its a pyramid scam really, I will get my TV if an only if someone I refer does all the requirements and they will only get theirs if they get soemone so on and so on.

Ive seen these ads for years and thought the heck as long as I only get stuff I can use and cancel the free trials Ill try it.

Old 02-16-2006, 03:46 AM   #6
ladyserpent7
yah,,wendys right....i always click on the stupid spam in my email and then always exit when they want me to buy things..but my friend did it and he said that he had to get i think 10 or 20 people just to buy from that company, and he would get a free laptop....my other friend did it and he got a free comp. but that was like 7 years ago or something..it was probably less people to convince.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!