Serious injuries... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
sfaoldguy
Serious injuries...

My neighbor braught me an Eastern Coach whip that he found on the side of the road and it has some serious lacerations and minor punctures... It looks like it was attacked by a dog. One of it's wounds has some very small maggets... The cuts are located midway from the spine to its belly scales... The most severe is about 3 inches long and 3/4" wide at it's widest point... I am not familiar with the tissue that holds the skin to the muscle tissue on snakes, but the belly scales and skin are not connected to the muscle tissue below the largest cut... The muscles underneath the cuts don't look to have any damage...

We do not have anywhere I can take him to get free care and be released back into the wild in this area and I cannot afford to take him to a vet... I will do anything needed to help him get better such as medication from pet stores or cleaning and doctoring the wounds which I have already done...

Any suggestions?

Old 07-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
sfaoldguy
oh yea... he only has 2 major cuts like the one described above and the rest are punctures that look like they should heal nicely... Is it possible to stitch these types of wounds at this stage? How well do wounds that are gaping hole with flaps of skin heal?

Old 07-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
sfaoldguy
I was able to get some help about this thread already so no need to post... I am going to call all of the vets in town tomarrow and the humain society and see if any of them will treat him for free and release him... If not, I may see if my sister who used to be a vet tech will help me with him...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!